Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » What’s the longest distance you’ve driven a vehicle that had a flat tire?

What’s the longest distance you’ve driven a vehicle that had a flat tire?

There’s a gas station with an air pump about ten to twelve blocks from my house, I had to make that trek once with a slow leak having depleted one tire.
~

Posted - June 20, 2021

Responses

I've never actually had a flat tire.  I've had tires that were going flat, bu8t was able to get to a gas station before it became completely flat.
      June 20, 2021 9:55 AM MDT

I was getting flats occasionally and this time I didn't have the spare fixed yet so I had to drive a few miles on country roads to get both repairs done. Long time ago, I can't remember if that tire was still serviceable or not.
      June 20, 2021 10:54 AM MDT

The distance it took to get the car safely to the shoulder. 50-100 feet, maybe.
      June 20, 2021 1:12 PM MDT

It was completely flat. I called my Dad whose garage was 2 blocks away. He asked if it was without ruining the tire.  To me, the tire was the metal wheel so I said yes if I went slow. 
    I got there and the tire was of course unrepairable. My Dad was very mad. 
    He did calm down after he realized I truly did not know. I think he felt bad that I did not know especially with him being a mechanic and manager of a place that sells tires. 
      June 20, 2021 3:03 PM MDT

Just long enough to pull off safely, like El. 
      June 20, 2021 4:42 PM MDT