Active Now

Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » I saw a news segment saying that coffee can help prevent liver disease. Does that mean I can fill my cup

I saw a news segment saying that coffee can help prevent liver disease. Does that mean I can fill my cup

half whiskey and half coffee, I will be OK?

Posted - June 28, 2021

Responses

I heard that a long time ago myself. I did consume a lot of coffee during my 45 years of heavy boozing and since I lay off the sauce about 4 years ago now my doctor has told me that my liver is in fine working condition.
      June 28, 2021 9:18 AM MDT

Wow I thought I held the record for heavy drinking  but you got me beat by a decade or so.  Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at June 28, 2021 1:05 PM MDT
      June 28, 2021 9:28 AM MDT

I didn't begin alcohol consumption until I was age 22 when I was posted to the HMCS Margaree, when there was still a daily 'pusser' rum issue on the Navy ships.. That's what got me started. Then I just eventually quit because I could not enjoy the stuff anymore.i been dry for about 4 years now. My doc says he is amazed that.my health has survived intact.
      June 28, 2021 9:51 AM MDT