Active Now

Zack
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » This is a question I asked long ago on Answerbag. "How many people have helped you get where you are?" Know the answers that SHOCKED ME?

This is a question I asked long ago on Answerbag. "How many people have helped you get where you are?" Know the answers that SHOCKED ME?

Those that insisted no one had ever helped them. What they had they got totally and completely on their own so they maintained..

I don't believe that for a minute. Do you?

No one gets anywhere on his/her own all alone without a helping hand now and then. Could be the helping hand was unknown to them but I think that is less likely.

Of course some people believe anything they want they are owed so whatever others do for them they DESERVED. People are funny. Not giving credit where credit is do is what liars and knaves and scoundrels do.
Right?

So. How many people helped to get where you are today?

Posted - July 2, 2021

Responses

My parents for teaching me wrong from right and teaching me to be independent; my teachers who expanded whatever natural intellect I have; jobs where I have been given latitude to work independently once I knew what was needed and most of all, my current boss who has taught me to be more patient and tactful (although I admit there are many times when my patience and tact are stretched to the limit).
      July 2, 2021 9:25 AM MDT

I cannot imagine you "snapping" or "losing it" sweetie. I don't know how you do it. At least the you I know here. You have hinted that the "other" you has gotten very close to that place. Do you talk yourself down before you get too annoyed? Anyway thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee and thine. First my parents..especially our dad. Then a few teachers. After that some supervisors and co-workers I encountred along the way. I've lost count. I've been so incredibly lucky. Our track records/path seem quite similar. I keep thinking I'm working on the lack of patience thing but in truth I'm just kidding myself. Once in the throes of being massively annoyed it's too late. Only later I realize once again I failed! AARRGGHH! So for I just avoid the places I know will test me too much. AND THE PEOPLE! :)
      July 3, 2021 2:27 AM MDT

I will lose my patience with really stupid people.  If I'm standing in the supermarket line waiting to check out, and someone argues with the cashier about a 10 cent coupon not being valid and holds up the line I get really annoyed.  That happened a while back and after five minutes, I really lost it.  Told the cashier I'd give the bi*tch the 10 cents if she would just get done with it.  Finally, she finished ringing up her stuff and then the woman wanted to know if she could pay by check.  When she took out her checkbook, she asked who she makes out the check to - what store are you in dummy?
      July 3, 2021 8:02 AM MDT

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I'm crying sweetie. I laughed so hard I welled up with tears! I swear you just took me there and I just "witnessed it"! I'm sorry because I know how annoyed you were but I can't help it! When something is HILARIOUS I burst out in laughter and tears. I just read it again and I laughed again. You otta be a comedy writer. Why not try your hand at it? This is among the funniest things I've ever read and why? BECAUSE IT'S TRUTH STATED truthfully without adornment about a nimnut crackpot who had no clue how ridiculous she is/was/will be. Just think for a moment about BEING HER? That was just the tip. After that I hope you counted your blessings. In fact that's kinda what I do when I encounter a jerk. I just thank my lucky stars I am not him or her and that puts things in perspective! Thanks for the share. You tickled my funnybone and all the others too and they thank you too! :)
      July 3, 2021 8:21 AM MDT

More people than I can count put... er... helped me get to where i am today.  Many of them never knew it either (meaning they weren't intentionally helping me).   Some people took a chance on me (hired me to work for them), while others refused (their loss).  A few people said a kind word to me, while others were complete jerks.  Some tried to teach me things, while others intentionally deceived me.  Yet ALL these people  -bad or good - got me to where I am today.
      July 2, 2021 11:13 AM MDT

Good point m'dear! I might even add touche. Could it be the ones who were obstacles or naysayers might even have helped you more in that it toughened you up and made you stronger? I have to think about that. I'm going to ask a question about it in fact. What do you think? Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 3, 2021 12:15 PM MDT
      July 3, 2021 2:29 AM MDT