Active Now

Just Asking
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A woman who refused to get vaccinated because she feared the COVID 19 side effects caught the Delta variant and died. A deathbyvirussuicide?

A woman who refused to get vaccinated because she feared the COVID 19 side effects caught the Delta variant and died. A deathbyvirussuicide?

Suicide by cop is being replaced by
Suicide by virus?

Posted - July 5, 2021

Responses

Wonder how many people she infected  before she died.. Cheers!
      July 5, 2021 9:20 AM MDT

I don't know Nanoose. Isn't that selfish? If they don't care about their own lives they obviously don't care about the lives of others. I fear there are millions of them "out there". How do we protect ourselves against THEM? Thank you for your repy m'dear! :)
      July 7, 2021 8:32 AM MDT

I have no sympathy for her, but I do feel badly for anyone with whom she may have come in contact and infected unless they, too, haven't been vaccinated.
      July 5, 2021 10:59 AM MDT

50% of new cases in America is now the Delta variant. The great unwashed unvaxxed out there are the targets. There will be spillovers due to them of course. More surges more spikes more deaths. Do to blockheads hardheads deadheads. Sad that. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine.
      July 7, 2021 8:05 AM MDT

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
      July 7, 2021 9:06 AM MDT

I know. All you can do is watch the dying. Except we don't die. Covid is different? It can kill the onlookers. SIGH. Thank you for your reply! :)
      July 7, 2021 9:52 AM MDT

True, but you can't force someone to do something like this.  Too bad for everyone else.
      July 7, 2021 10:10 AM MDT

I know. And those who try to do the right thing are victimized by those who don't give a dam*! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      July 7, 2021 12:59 PM MDT

That's the saddest part- the collateral damage.
      July 7, 2021 1:05 PM MDT

In war it's also called "friendly fire". Can you imagine that? "Friendly"? Thank you for your reply L! :) WAR IS HE**. Never fought in one but I can imagine the horror of being on the battlefield and seeing a buddy blown up to bits. Not something I could live through without being substantially changed. Into what I don't know but I hope I never have to find that out. Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 7, 2021 1:28 PM MDT
      July 7, 2021 1:13 PM MDT

I agree.  Considering our ages, if we get drafted, we're in a lot bigger trouble than we could possibly imagine.  If course, if conscripted, I could crochet tank cozies. :)
      July 7, 2021 1:27 PM MDT

Hahahahaha! Tank cozies? Who but you would think of that? Well I can bake cookies I guess that to tell the truth I've lost my touch in desert making. Maybe I should think of something else! Thank you for your reply L! How much crochet yarn/thread would it take to cozy a tank?
      July 7, 2021 1:57 PM MDT

Personally, I believe the troops would prefer your cookies. :)  I'd have to know the size of the tank before I could determine how much yarn I would need.
      July 7, 2021 3:18 PM MDT

I don't honey. The amount of effort and time you'd spend making something for something like a tank would way outweigh any cookies I could possibly make. But thank you for saying that. I remember when crocheting was what ladies did when they were sitting. Or they'd be knitting or doing needlepoint. I never got into it but my sister did. She did all of that. My mom did too. So did my grandmother. I think with me it skipped a generation. You have something to show for the time you spend. I don't. I just sit and read or watch TV. Of course when I'm at the computer on the internet here I'm all in! Thank you for your reply!
      July 8, 2021 2:50 AM MDT

I crochet while I'm watching TV in the late afternoons or evenings.  I read the newspaper when I finish working at noon, then I run my errands, if any, and when I come home, I have a late lunch.  I read if I wake up earlier than I need to for work and always before I go to sleep.  If I read in the afternoon, I get sleepy and nap which kills my night's sleep, so I try not to do that.  I learned to knit, crochet, do needlework, embroidery, sew, etc. from my mom.  In between all that, I'm on and off the computer.  
      July 8, 2021 9:54 AM MDT

My mom did all that. My sister does too. Me? I am a very excellent appreciator of talent! My son once told me I'm an artist in the kitchen when I mentioned that all the artistic talent was in my mom and sis and I had none so II treasure that. He was very close to the vest with compliments. Not effusive at all. He once in passing in a conversation referred to me as being "beautiful". Oh. I remember the EXACT circumstances. We went to a clothing store to get him a jacket to wear for his high school graduation. The people there were very helpful and very kind and took a lot of time to make sure the jacket we selected was the best one for him. Later on at home I mentioned how kind they were and he said " well when a beautiful woman is going to spend money on her son why wouldn't they be helpful?" I promise you I tried hard not to react to that but he was 16 and he is going to be 56 and I remember the exact circumstances of it. I thanked him for the compliment. I still treasure it. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      July 9, 2021 5:12 AM MDT

We each have out own talents.  I'm not much of a cook or baker, which is where you succeed.  I'll make the cozies - you make the cookies.

Your son was very sweet to say that. :)
      July 9, 2021 8:28 AM MDT

And a 13yr old got the shot and died 3 days later. 
    A man got the shot and died heart attack immediately. 

Numerous young people who know have heart issues because of the shots.  

I personally have a family member who we lost 1 week after getting the 2 shot. This person had already survived covid and the medical people talked the person to getting the shot. 

So I will not be getting the shot.   

It is a sad situation anytime someone looses a loved one or seeing one harmed.  Everyone has my sympathy. 

July 5, 2021 11:21 AM MDT

That's unfortunate. I just hope that variant doesn't find you.
      July 5, 2021 11:33 AM MDT

I am young. Healthly and take my immune vitamins. (D, C and Zinc) 

The disease has a 99+% survival for under 70. 
    If I get sick...I will get treatment.  That is another thing delayed treatment is bad. 
      July 5, 2021 12:24 PM MDT

:):):)
      July 7, 2021 8:04 AM MDT

If I had a family member die one week after getting their second COVID shot, I would probably have pretty much the same attitude about COVID vaccines as my2cents does.  This makes her position on it very understandable to me, as opposed to some other reasons to not get the vaccines.  I’m sorry for her loss.

Vaccine safety is always a legitimate concern.  My own kids have had all of their shots, but it’s something I still worried about.  It’s a tight-rope walk.  There have been enough stories about harmful reactions to vaccines to make me concerned about it, but at the same time I also don’t want my kids getting the disease that a vaccine would’ve prevented.  Fortunately, my kids never had a reaction to a vaccine.

In my case, nearly everybody I know has had their COVID shots and no one has had a negative reaction other than a fever of about 39°C for a few hours after getting their second dose, so my personal experience is much different from my2cent’s personal experience.  I also personally knew one person who died from COVID-19.

July 5, 2021 9:20 PM MDT

I also had a family member die from Covid. They were almost 70 and refused to get treatment.   
    I am not anitvax for normal vaccines.  That we know are tried and true.  All my kids got the shots on schedule and we had no reactions.  

These are experimental shots. And people are being harmed. The inventor of the mrna shot technique says it should not be given to young people. He is being censored.  He has stated that for every 3 people the vaccine saves (not 3 vaccinated), the vaccine will kill 2 people. 
    People who have had issues are being censored. 

Most people survive both the disease itself and the vaccine as well. 
      July 6, 2021 5:00 AM MDT

:):):)
      July 7, 2021 3:07 AM MDT