Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Imagine you read on the internet the following two statements. Which one would you believe? Which one would you disbelieve?

Imagine you read on the internet the following two statements. Which one would you believe? Which one would you disbelieve?

[If it’s on the internet, it must be true.]
[Just because it’s on the internet doesn’t mean it’s true.] 
~

Posted - July 7, 2021

Responses

Yes, they both right.
      July 7, 2021 8:11 PM MDT

Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true.  We are all (those of us who aren't kidding ourselves) aware that there is much misinformation posted on line.  The trick is to verify things before we re-post them.  
      July 7, 2021 8:13 PM MDT

I don't trust anything on the internet, therefore I don't believe either statement.
      July 7, 2021 9:16 PM MDT

On Thursday we had cookies.
      July 7, 2021 9:24 PM MDT

I know Abraham Lincoln said that if it’s on the internet, it must be true, but I’m going to have to disagree with Sixteen.  Just because it’s on the internet doesn’t mean it’s true.

Sorry, President Lincoln.  I know you were an important guy and all, but if I say if it’s on the internet then it must be true, Randy will just post something and then say I have to agree with it because it’s on the internet.  That’s just how Randy works.  I’m sure you’ll understand.

July 7, 2021 10:09 PM MDT

Livvie stalks me constantly.
      ~

July 8, 2021 12:37 AM MDT

It's only true if I'm correcting somebody else.

July 7, 2021 10:30 PM MDT