Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Spunky
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » White House itself is now flagging social media posts for censorship. Facism? Where are our Constitutional rights protectors?

White House itself is now flagging social media posts for censorship. Facism? Where are our Constitutional rights protectors?

1st amendment and 4th amendment violations? 

Link to Video:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/psaki-were-flagging-problematic-posts-on-facebook-that-spread-disinformation/vp-AAMczba

Psaki: 'We're Flagging Problematic Posts On Facebook That Spread Disinformation'

Posted - July 16, 2021

Responses

If they are only flagging posts with misinformation, then they aren't censoring them.  That would require they remove the posts, but that can only be done by the owner of the platform and that would be up to the owners, not the government.
      July 16, 2021 2:47 PM MDT

It is not only flagging.   Even AG Garland said they "are walking on thin ice".
      July 19, 2021 4:46 AM MDT

The First Amendment does NOT include hate speech or deliberate misinformation. Trump is a master at both, he relies on it to continue to cadge and grift from his indoctrinated worshippers.
      July 16, 2021 10:24 PM MDT

Actually, in the USA yes it does. (I do not know about Australia and they are not the topic)

No one believes any politican voted to make lying a crime. Because that is never going to happen. 

July 19, 2021 4:56 AM MDT

1st amendment and 4th amendment violations? Sounds like it to me. But then that's par for the course for this administration.
      July 22, 2021 6:18 AM MDT

I forsee many court cases in the future for this WH.
      July 22, 2021 6:23 AM MDT

I agree.
      July 22, 2021 6:28 AM MDT