Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How could it have happened? Carbon monoxide poisoning kill 3 and badly injures two. Not in thside but nearby?

How could it have happened? Carbon monoxide poisoning kill 3 and badly injures two. Not in thside but nearby?

Faster Horses Festival in Michigan had attendees who stayed in travel trailers. 5 men were inside one. 3 died and two were hospitalized. Allegedly the generator was nearby not inside the trailer.

Does that make sense? Could that be true? How?

Posted - July 18, 2021

Responses

Carbon monoxide can build up in a room by the incomplete combustion of fuels - wood, coal, propane and natural gas. Maybe there was a cook stove in the trailer that wasn't working properally.  There should of been a carbon monoxide alarm in each trailer so maybe neglect is to blame. Cheers!
      July 18, 2021 9:52 AM MDT

From what I read Nanoose the generator was OUTSIDE of the trailer but nearby. Now it didn't say what was going on inside the trailer so maybe what you mentioned was the why. But that really scared me. Now you not only have to monitor what's INSIDE but also all around you on the OUtside too? It seems there's a lot of stuff out there PRIMED to getcha! Thank you for your reply! :)
      July 18, 2021 12:02 PM MDT

It was too close to the people. Even in a housr a generator must be away from the walls and windows. 
    I do not remember the required distance.
      July 18, 2021 10:25 AM MDT

I read it was OUTSIDE the trailer but "nearby". Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Sunday to thee.
      July 18, 2021 12:03 PM MDT

Obviously it to not.far enough away. 
      July 18, 2021 1:09 PM MDT

The generator may have been outside, but may still have been close enough to the trailer for the emissions to enter it and cause death.
      July 18, 2021 1:06 PM MDT

Perhaps a ventilator or open window in the trailer that was drawing in the fumes?

I think many people don't realise how dangerous carbon-monoxide is.

July 18, 2021 2:58 PM MDT