Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » My wife and I watched Bezo's launch and flight this morning. When it was over, she said "Why?" Did you watch it?

My wife and I watched Bezo's launch and flight this morning. When it was over, she said "Why?" Did you watch it?

What did you think about it?

Posted - July 20, 2021

Responses

No, I didn't watch it.  It's sad when one has so much money that they (literally) burn it away.  Fools.
      July 20, 2021 3:52 PM MDT

Exactly what was she referring to with her question? There is a myriad of possibilities.

No, I did not watch it, I have absolutely zero interest in things like that. Wild horses could not have dragged me to go watch it.
    ~

July 20, 2021 6:55 PM MDT

To quote someone else:

"No, I did not watch it, I have absolutely zero interest in things like that. Wild horses could not have dragged me to go watch it."

:)

I have no interest in regular people flying off into space (the ones who did it first? I can see the world's interest for sure - - today's famous guys? For me, no interest.)

I'd much rather have watched any of these guys -- or any people at all - - go to Johnstown, Pennsylvania, USA and tour all the sites related to the May 31, 1889 flood.

Or Hinckley, Minnesota, USA and the Great Hinckley fire area of 1894

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 21, 2021 7:23 AM MDT
      July 20, 2021 7:10 PM MDT

Nothing.  I have seen the space shuttle go up and even land.  It not that impressive.
      July 20, 2021 7:50 PM MDT

Some are calling what Bezos did a historic event. Why? The United States sent a monkey into space in 1948. That was historic. In the sixties, men were sent into space. That was historic. Men went to the moon. That was historic. What did I think about what Bezos did? I thought it was a narcissistic and pointless stunt by him to bring more attention to himself. There's nothing historic about that. Just my opinion of course. :) By the way, I did watch the launch in part because I happen to run across a clip while I was doing some research on another subject. I was hugely unimpressed. This post was edited by rusureamisure? at July 21, 2021 5:17 PM MDT
      July 21, 2021 9:40 AM MDT

Dang, we killed a lot of monkeys.
      July 21, 2021 1:21 PM MDT