Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » The 2021 Summer Olympics being played now inspired me to post this question:

The 2021 Summer Olympics being played now inspired me to post this question:

What is a sport that is only played in one particular country, and therefore would most likely never be featured in the Olympic Games due to lack of worldwide or widespread popularity/familiarity?

[Please exclude any ancient or historically-played sports that no longer exist in the past 25 years or more.]
~

Posted - July 28, 2021

Responses

I can't think of any ... but your question got me thinking what "sport" I would like to see included at the Olympics, that isn't now.

Beer Pong.
      July 28, 2021 9:12 AM MDT

• Pato is a sport played only in Argentina.  A team of four players riding horseback tries to get the ball into the opposing team's hoop, which has a diameter of one metre and is on a 2,4 metre high pole.   The ball is white.  It has a diameter of 40 cm and it has six handles.  The game has its name because the original ball was a dead duck in a sack.  The game is written into law as the national sport of Argentina, though football is the most popular sport. 

July 28, 2021 1:10 PM MDT

Thank you. It seems quite similar to polo in some ways.
    ~

July 28, 2021 1:11 PM MDT

Camel jumping.  Does it happen anywhere but Yemen? 

July 29, 2021 9:33 AM MDT

September 29, 2022 7:09 AM MDT