Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Have you ever used the emergency room services of a hospital?

Have you ever used the emergency room services of a hospital?

A few years ago I accidentally swallowed a chicken bone that got stuck in my throat.  The emergency room doctor could not remove the chicken bone but was able to determined that the chicken bone did not interfere with my breathing.  I had an operation a few days later to remove the chicken bone.  

Posted - July 31, 2021

Responses

As a matter of fact last Tuesday I was in the ER.
      July 31, 2021 3:30 PM MDT

• I have used ER's before.  In fact, I was there a couple of weeks ago.  I fell and hurt my knee.  Luckily, it's getting better and I'm walking OK again.  The ER staff were nice, but I felt like not the best skill-wise.  I think COVID has thinned out their staff.  I really can't blame people for wanting out of that environment with all the sickness and dying lately.
      July 31, 2021 3:45 PM MDT

Many, many times and after that, it was always to the mental hospital.
      July 31, 2021 3:49 PM MDT

Unfortunately, numerous times over the past ten years. One particularly bad day, I cut my finger on a doorway edge and had to go to the ER to get it stitched up. After I got home, about four hours later, my wife started to undergo intensely painful neck spasms from an unusual malady she has. Back to the ER. Six weeks ago, I fell and ripped my leg open. ER and 12 stitches. It has just now healed. I'm glad I have good insurance.
      July 31, 2021 4:58 PM MDT

About almost 6 years ago I went to ER because of chest pain. CT scan showed nothing that could be cause of chest pain but did find a shadow in my lung, turned out to be 1st stage cancer. Successfully removed by surgery.
    About 2 weeks ago I was sent to ER for CT scan because doc had reason to believe could be blood clot in my lung and the scan showed there is a blood clot so now I am being prescribed blood thinner meds for an indefinite period of time.

It's good to be alive!
      July 31, 2021 9:01 PM MDT

I've lost count.  The last 2 times (this year) were for heart issues.
      July 31, 2021 10:21 PM MDT

Against my objections people at work called an ambulance and they tried to take me.  I refused.   After they left two work friends did take me.  It was such an ordeal but I had tests and studies done that people ask for and can't get.  My doctor could not believe what all they did.  Anyway, I told the ambulance guys that I was not having a heart attack.  Back then I had a serious problem with reflux and a screaming hiatal hernia.  When I had an attack the symptoms were very much like heart attack with serious chest pain and after I perspired about a quart I passed out.  That will scare the hell out of people.  I get it.  Anyway, I have very little problem with it now....just an occasional flare up and that when I eat a lot of spicy stuff then go to sleep on my right side.  I will wake due to chest pain but when I roll over it goes right away.  I get up and take a Tagmet that that's that.
      August 1, 2021 11:59 AM MDT

Yes, but just a few times. 
    Car wreck, cut my hand. 

Much more for other family members.
      August 3, 2021 5:22 PM MDT