Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is the guv of your state doing a good job serving your best interests, protecting you, informing you or is he/she not?

Is the guv of your state doing a good job serving your best interests, protecting you, informing you or is he/she not?

The guv of which is doing the best job for his/her people in your opinion? Why?

Posted - August 5, 2021

Responses

DeSantis Gov of FL
      August 5, 2021 7:30 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Thursday to thee and thine.
      August 5, 2021 11:04 AM MDT

• Governor Northam of VA has done a great job - especially during COVID IMO.  He's up for re-election in Nov ... not sure what's going to happen though.
      August 5, 2021 9:04 AM MDT

To your knowledge have there been any VOTING RESTRICTION bills passed in your state? None of them expand rights. ALL OF THEM narrow rights/restrict rights/eliminate rights. Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 5, 2021 11:06 AM MDT

• Earlier this year, Gov. Northam approved a landmark Voting Rights Act in Virginia.  It provided protections against voter suppression and discrimination.  He was trying to offset the ridiculous and damaging voter suppression going on in so many other states.  
      August 5, 2021 11:15 AM MDT

Oh my goodness! HOW SPLENDID IS HE FOR HAVING DONE THAT? Well that more than answers any questions I might have had about him. How proud you must be for his going against the tide like that. Will he be "punished" for it? Hopefully not. Thank you for sharing that great news with us. Others might have known about it but I did not. Now I do thanks to you! :)
      August 5, 2021 11:18 AM MDT

I think John Horgan who is the Premier of British Columbia is doing a good job at keeping me protected physically and  mentally. He has a reassuring voice that gives me hope that we will beat the coronavirus and all of its mutated friends. Cheers!
      August 5, 2021 9:52 AM MDT

So he doesn't make a political weapon with which to hammer the opposition? That sounds real good to me m'dear! May he and you continue on this good footing as it were! Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :)
      August 5, 2021 11:07 AM MDT

He's done a good job as governor, but he ruined it by harassing all those women. Perhaps it's appropriately ironic that he was once married into the Kennedy family.
      August 5, 2021 10:10 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply SSB and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :)
      August 5, 2021 11:08 AM MDT

He must be as the republicans are trying to recall him (if he were doing a crappy job they'd be hailing him).
      August 5, 2021 10:19 AM MDT

Exactly what I think too. I can't imagine anyone but GUANOHEADS voting him out. The guanohead party is on life support in California and has been for many years. Small pockets od GUANOHEADS here and there. I can't see how THEY could remove him do you? Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      August 5, 2021 11:09 AM MDT

Small pockets yes, but they're getting others outside their ranks to believe their lies.  
      August 5, 2021 11:28 AM MDT

More's the pity. You might notice I took off on a riff...LOGIC. Know why? A mugger said he would no longer answer my questions since liberals are all ILLOGICAL. So it got me to thinking what are the components of LOGIC? Does it come in different sizes shapes colors weights or is it a one-size fits all and you either got it or you don't? Off I go on the same tangent. Where it will end I do not know but we shall find out! Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 6, 2021 10:14 PM MDT
      August 6, 2021 3:20 AM MDT

I never thought about it in the way you asked, but I’m going to vote for someone else next year.
      August 5, 2021 11:02 AM MDT

That answers my question perfectly Liv. Hopefully you will have great from which to choose. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :)
      August 5, 2021 11:10 AM MDT

Your reply to Zack perfectly describes the way I see it, lack of complaints.  Our previous governor, who was term-limited out, never came up in conversation.  I never heard anyone complain about it him.  I never even thought about him or talked about him.  That means he was doing a pretty good job.  

Our current governor, not so much.  She’s the topic of much more conversation and the complaints are piling up.

August 5, 2021 11:27 AM MDT

I totally agree with your take on Zack's comment. I'm in the same boat. You don't think much about stuff that's going well. Honestly Liv I always took it for granted. Imagine taking anything political for granted now? The Governor of New York is hogging the news these days. We know what he did wrong and it's really shocking. Not so much what he did...same old story...powerful men think they that right. But that it wasn't out much earlier than this. Maybe there were rumblings within the state. I never paid much attention. I thought he did a super job in the early days of the pandemic. But now? Hanging on as he is doing makes no sense to me. I wonder how New Yorkers feel? Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee and thine m'dear! :)
      August 6, 2021 3:35 AM MDT

There probably were rumblings in that state that weren’t reported.  Powerful men, such as a governor, can exercise their power and use their connections to try to keep a lid on things as best they can, but it’ll eventually boil over anyway.  One of those women filed a criminal complaint against him this morning, so now maybe we’ll get to see a little more of what’s been cooking in the pot.
      August 6, 2021 5:55 PM MDT

I suppose so but as I asked in a question why didn't these gals SCREAM BLOODY MURDER at the time the inappropriate occurred? Why wait? I just don't understand why they stifle it and then when someone breaks the ice they all come tumbling out with their experiences. It makes them all look suspect. It's not that I disbelieve any of them. But if they were offended saying nothing helped nothing. You know the saying "justice delayed is justice denied"? Cuomo should have been booted out on his A** the minute what he did and what he is was known. Would you stay silent? I sure wouldn't! Thank you for your informative reply. More to think about that I was doing. :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 7, 2021 5:50 PM MDT
      August 7, 2021 4:02 AM MDT

He's doing ok. Plus, almost no one complaining about him.
      August 5, 2021 11:04 AM MDT

OK is way better than most of them. Also the lack of complaints is a definite PLUS! Thank you for your reply Zack and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :)
      August 5, 2021 11:11 AM MDT