Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Slow down you move too fast. Got to make this moment last." Getting angry is a waste of time, emotion, energy. I'm giving it up. Have you?

"Slow down you move too fast. Got to make this moment last." Getting angry is a waste of time, emotion, energy. I'm giving it up. Have you?

Posted - August 5, 2021

Responses

Nope not given up and it is full steam ahead to foil Trump's plan of destroying democracy. Cheers!
      August 5, 2021 10:56 AM MDT

Well my friend here's the backstory. I got FURIOUS this morning here and it's taken me a couple of hours to unfurious. I decided it just ain't worth it. I expect stupid dumb from the usual suspects. No big deal. No reason to get angry at stupid dumbs. BUT when I encounter the exact same "logic" pitch to support stupid dumb from a not stupid dumb? I went nuts. No longer. It takes too much out of me. People are what they are. Either accept them or stay away from them. I can't take big anger any more. I'm way too old. But you carry on. You're younger and have an entirely different temperament so you can handle it with calm intelligence. I can't! Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 5, 2021 11:02 AM MDT
      August 5, 2021 11:01 AM MDT

In many or maybe most cases, getting angry is a waste of time. Especially if that anger is used to attack others. That said, there are times when anger is a good thing. It's a good thing if one can channel that anger to get positive things done without the attacks or retaliation. It took me a long while to be able to channel my anger in a positive way. It's not always easy.
      August 5, 2021 12:16 PM MDT

Sometimes anger can be be productive.  It may be a sign that something needs to change.  After all, if you're not angry at something, you probably won't want to change it.  Sometimes that change might need to be with ourselves. (remember,we can NEVER change another person.)

However, being angry at something you have no power to change (e.g. the weather) is unproductive and a waste of time.  This kind of anger can be destructive.  When angry, the human body goes into "overdrive" (so-to-speak).  Heart rate and blood pressure increase, senses decrease (eg. vision can narrow), speech becomes slurred, and thinking becomes irrational.

This post was edited by Shuhak at August 5, 2021 2:51 PM MDT
      August 5, 2021 2:46 PM MDT