Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Biden admin violates SCOTUS ruling. Grounds for impeachment?

Biden admin violates SCOTUS ruling. Grounds for impeachment?

SCOTUS ruled eviction moratorium as unconstitutional.  Biden extends it anyway ignoring ruling. 

Posted - August 6, 2021

Responses

I have a different opinion about Democrats vs. Republicans.  It’s not they’re spineless, it’s that they don’t want to!  Most of the guys that the conservatives call rhinos are really just the Washington DC political establishment people, and the political establishment people are in the majority of both parties.  Joe Biden’s been in national office since 1973, so I was negative 20 years old when he was first elected.  Anyway, he’s their friend.  Unless you replace all of those political establishment Republicans with Trumpists and anti-establishment types in the next primary, which will be nearly impossible for you to do, I don’t think the Republicans are going to do much, and if they do, it will be just a show.

Republicans and Democrats live in opposite alternate realities from each other.  Republicans want everybody on their side to be the good guys like Jim Jordan, Mark Meadows, Josh Hawley or Louie Gohmert.  Those are the heroes of the conservative Republican voters that I can think of right now off the top of my head, but I think those of their type are a pretty small minority in their party.
      August 9, 2021 2:52 PM MDT

That's a good point to ponder. For me though, I usually say the things I say and do the things I do because I tend to view life in a black and white manner. And no, I don't mean racially. I rarely deal in gray areas. I'm a right or wrong, yes or no, truth or lie type of person. When I look at the political world today I see chaos. I see an unwillingness, from both sides of the aisle, to operate within the Constitution and the laws of the land. And when they don't, I view that as being spineless.

Perhaps not all politicians are spineless. However, spineless or not, if they are unwilling to do the job that they were elected to do, to uphold the Constitution at all times, then they should retire or get fired. And let someone with a true patriot's heart do the job.  Establishment, business, as usual, good ole boy cronyism, and politically correct politics is destroying this country. And there's absolutely no excuse for it. As always, just my opinion.
      August 9, 2021 7:39 PM MDT

Nothing will be done.   Nancy will never allow it.  And GOP is not likely to have the guts to do it in 2022.
      August 8, 2021 8:23 PM MDT

It would be in 2023, and they would need to have the votes, which is no sure thing.
      August 8, 2021 8:25 PM MDT

And not likely most of the GOP has no backbone.
      August 8, 2021 8:36 PM MDT

Their loyalty to Trump makes that patently obvious.
      August 8, 2021 8:55 PM MDT

Most of them are probably glad he’s gone.
      August 9, 2021 12:17 AM MDT

Wish he was gone.  He maybe out of office but he is not gone.  He just raised more money than any other former POTUS in history.  And it did not go to RNC....directly to Trump's PAC.    
      August 9, 2021 4:17 AM MDT

Loyalty to the establishment.   
      August 9, 2021 4:18 AM MDT

I tend to agree.
      August 9, 2021 7:40 PM MDT