Active Now

Element 99
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Thinking makes it so". What if that were literally true? What if whatever you thought manifested itself? What would you do with it?

"Thinking makes it so". What if that were literally true? What if whatever you thought manifested itself? What would you do with it?

Posted - August 11, 2021

Responses

If that were true, the human population would be zero.
      August 11, 2021 6:58 AM MDT

I'd probably go to another planet and play god.
      August 11, 2021 7:04 AM MDT

So you would "think" yourself able to survive no matter what the conditions were Walt? I mean what planets do we think are possibly habitatble and what needs to be done there to make it a safe place for us?

OH. Well maybe your thinking would take that into consideration. I bet it would. I bet you'd have all of that covered. I saw a movie about that sort of thing. Someone staying on a island somewhere he was shipwrecked  because the people there thought he was a god! What kind of god? Benevolent or violently evil? Thank you for your reply. What title would you go by? This post was edited by RosieG at August 11, 2021 12:34 PM MDT
      August 11, 2021 7:08 AM MDT

It’s possible while you’re asleep.  It’s called lucid dreaming.  It just doesn’t work that way in waking life.  Anyway, there’s a whole philosophy built around that idea, and it has its followers.  It’s called positive thinking and the Law of Attraction.  There are entire courses sold online that teach people how to do it.  There are even expensive retreats that teach people how to think their way to having the life they want.  The hucksters who publish that stuff make a ton of money doing it.  My mother-in-law was a big believer in it until she couldn’t think her way out of a major life disaster.  My husband tried it long before we were ever married.  He said all of the Law of Attraction books, CDs and DVDs that his mom gave him to study just ended up in the dumpster.  At least he didn’t spend any of his own money on it.
      August 11, 2021 11:39 AM MDT

I think it also works when one is stoned.
      August 11, 2021 12:35 PM MDT

It's seductive like a magic pill you take and all will be well. Short cuts. Great return for the least amount of effort. Take cuts. Push ahead. Only saps take turns. A philosophy that oddly and sadly works enough that it is used a lot. It doesn't hurt to hope. It's free also. What could it hurt to hope? What could it hurt to VISUALIZE the outcome you want? Thank you for your reply Livvie and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :)
      August 11, 2021 12:41 PM MDT