Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Have you seen this commercial? I cracked up. What do you think?

Have you seen this commercial? I cracked up. What do you think?

Posted - August 13, 2021

Responses

Funny!
      August 13, 2021 5:09 PM MDT

And all true. 
      August 13, 2021 5:32 PM MDT

That is funny, and as you said, true. :)
      August 13, 2021 5:43 PM MDT

True.  You can always drink sugar free coke instead. With that you just get nerve damage that will make you gain more weight instead of all the cancer causing sugar. 
      August 13, 2021 6:51 PM MDT

Doesn't the diet stuff have embalming fluid or something crazy in it? 
      August 13, 2021 9:18 PM MDT

IDK, it sounds possible. 
      August 14, 2021 4:50 AM MDT

How dare Coca-cola express support for progressive ideals and culture, or condemn Republican efforts to restrict voting rights in states such as Georgia?   HA HA HA HA let’s make a fake commercial to “cancel” them but claim to be part of a political  party that looks down on “cancel culture“. That is funny ;) Side note, I do not drink soft drinks or coke, but I am so sick of everything and anything being turned into a political issue, especially after the past year and half. If a freaking pandemic that is killing millions can’t bring people together, and worse than that, be turned into a political  issue/argument….This world is faaaked, IMHO.  Logging into this website only highlights this to me, even though I’ve greatly reduced my time here, I still see this BS every time I log in. 

August 13, 2021 7:10 PM MDT

Coke can take whatever stance they want on issues. But there are consequences for any position.  (GA is not restricting voting rights)
    But Coke is who told their employees to "Be Less White." That and everything listed in the commercial is facts. It even gives the source for their statements in the commercial. 

I quit soda years ago. 
      August 13, 2021 7:36 PM MDT

You know that I like you and I value your friendship here. We are close in age ( kind of) and I have fun when we talk about things that aren’t political. I mostly stay out of political stuff because I hate it. Your opinions on most things that have happened since the pandemic  started ( masks, vaccines, false, far right statistics from unreliable sources) I hate them, I really do. This post, I thought I was clicking on to see something actually lighthearted and funny and it’s just another far right slam on a cooperation that is trying to take a stand on something that I personally feel is right. Pretty sure far right republicans slam  down  their sweet tea without giving a thought to the sugar content. But now coke is evil because they stood up for something good ….okay. 
      August 13, 2021 7:53 PM MDT

Sorry to disappoint on the question.  
    Just about all of my questions do have a political spin.  
    I personally found it funny.  My liberal son loved it, because it was funny. 
    I also like our nonpolitical stuff. 

I am used to people not agreeing with me here. I am outnumbered. And I am fine with that. I do take exception to "unreliable sources." But oh well. 
    We can disagree and still be friends.

Yes. I love my Sweet Tea dispite its sugar. (Less than soda) but it is sweet and I would not have it any other way. Not a Republican thing...it is a southern thing.  
    Anyway...see on a nonpolitical question. :)

August 13, 2021 9:11 PM MDT

See you there:) I will never believe  this wasn’t a political question.. but I’m ready to drop it lol. 
      August 13, 2021 9:22 PM MDT

:)
      August 13, 2021 9:26 PM MDT

I cracked up too on seeing the video, so for once we agree.
      August 14, 2021 8:14 AM MDT