Active Now

Spunky
Zack
Discussion » Questions » History » When was the last time you watched a movie in a theatre, what was the movie and what snack did you get?

When was the last time you watched a movie in a theatre, what was the movie and what snack did you get?

Posted - August 21, 2021

Responses

"Harriet"

(no snack)

August 21, 2021 6:53 PM MDT

I’ve never heard of that movie. Did you enjoy it?
      August 21, 2021 6:55 PM MDT

I really enjoyed the movie.

It is about the real-life Harriet Tubman -- the brave, courageous, dangerous, honorable things she did in her life are almost beyond my comprehension.
    I first read about her in my classroom at school when I was about 12 years old and I was emotionally overwhelmed to the point that my teacher came over to check on me to see if I were okay. I was in tears.
    Tubman remains, for me, the epitome of an heroic person.
    :)
      August 21, 2021 7:03 PM MDT

Nice :) I  remember I’ve seen you post about her before now that I‘ve read this comment. 
      August 21, 2021 7:07 PM MDT

That's cool you remember. Yes, I've posted about Tubman before, you're right. :)

That was literally my most memorable memory of my entire education.

(It happened during a scheduled reading time in our class - - all of us students were individually reading about different subjects/topics.
    I had no idea I was even visibly reacting to what I was reading until my teacher was standing beside me, quietly and caringly talking to me.)
      August 21, 2021 7:20 PM MDT

That’s probably why I remember you writing about her on here. You’re high admiration of her was very evident in your post(s). I honestly don’t know who she is, I should watch the movie :)
      August 21, 2021 7:26 PM MDT

I was so engrossed in the movie that I had no sense of time watching. When it ended, I was surprised.

In general, she was born into slavery in the United States in 1822. She escaped in her late-20's and returned to rescue other people. She became part of the Underground Railroad, a large secret organization of people helping slaves escape to freedom (and I have huge respect for all people involved in that, too). She did many other admirable things, too, in her post-slavery days.

I had heard of slavery, of course, before my introduction to her in the classroom, but, somehow, when I read about Tubman, it all hit me hard -- "We're talking about individual people here. She had a name. She was a person and people should not be treated this way." And I certainly knew that at the time and I sat in my chair stunned.
      August 21, 2021 7:58 PM MDT

I’m going to try and find the movie to stream, thanks Welby :) 
      August 21, 2021 8:10 PM MDT

Oh, my! Thanks for a Pick. That was unexpected, cool. 

Hey, we'll see you later - - this was a nice way to end the day, thanks -- I have to go to work early tomorrow.
      August 21, 2021 8:10 PM MDT

Fast 9.  June 2021. 

Popcorn and a drink. This post was edited by my2cents at August 21, 2021 8:01 PM MDT
      August 21, 2021 7:32 PM MDT

That’s not not very long ago then:) I’m watching a movie now on Netflix that I did see in the theatre and I’m trying to suss out if it was the last one. I can’t remember for sure. I’m losing track of time the past few years lol. 
      August 21, 2021 7:35 PM MDT

No, not long ago.
    Before that was Kong vs Godzilla. 
    Plan to bring the grandkids to Paw Patrol movie soon. (They are the youngest one's fave right now)
      August 21, 2021 8:05 PM MDT

I’ve heard of paw patrol but I’m not sure why or how. If they’re on the Disney channel maybe I saw a commercial there. I like that channel cos I like to watch Phineas and Ferb. I love that show. 
      August 21, 2021 8:19 PM MDT

I think it is on NickJr.  
    I did not know Phineas and Ferb was still on.  One of my son's loved them too. He had a Harry the Platypus 3D backpack.
      August 22, 2021 4:35 AM MDT

I saw mortal kombat this Year but I didn't eat anything because I was like 30 minutes late so I was rushing lol however i saw the IT movie like 2 years ago when i just came out and I ate some gummy bears and had a juice lol
      August 21, 2021 7:44 PM MDT

Geez I thought no one would have been to the movies in at least a year lol. Oh! I saw the last IT Movie in the theatres too! I really didn’t like it but that may be my last one. I was thinking it was the Joker movie but now I think It may have been more recent. I’m so confused lol. A juice? You know they serve alcohol at the movies now, yes? :) 
      August 21, 2021 7:49 PM MDT

The ending was wack for me lol. I'm picky when It comes to seeing movies in the theater. Haha yes a juice and i don't think the had alcohol Lol so you like to watch them tipsy?:)
      August 21, 2021 7:53 PM MDT

The ending/ last 45 minutes for me was/ were so ridiculous I remember the friend that I went with and I started laughing uncontrollably and I’m sure we annoyed everyone else in the theatre Lol. It was supposed to be scary and dramatic but I was losing it at how stupid it was. I enjoyed the first new one though. Lol tbh I don’t order alcohol at the theatre but we so have the option. my attention span is bad enough for movies and alcohol and I just wanted the 18 dollars for ticket. you don’t have alcohol at your??? Now I have another question to ask here lol.    
      August 21, 2021 8:00 PM MDT

Lol yeah I completely agree with you. Well when I look around I didn't see it but maybe I really wasn't Looking. I was just trying to quench my thirst lol. Did I answer your question? :)
      August 21, 2021 8:08 PM MDT

Yes you did :)
      August 21, 2021 8:13 PM MDT

Happy to please:)
      August 21, 2021 8:15 PM MDT

:) Do you not have waitress that comes around the theatre now  to bring alcohol drinks? Or have you not noticed that? 
      August 21, 2021 8:22 PM MDT

Definitely don't have that otherwise I would have notice it lol. So that's what you served when you go or are you pulling my chain?:)
      August 21, 2021 8:26 PM MDT

I either have that at theatre or pulling your chain… guess lol. 

August 21, 2021 8:32 PM MDT