Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Are vaccine mandates fascism or communism?

Are vaccine mandates fascism or communism?

Those are diametrically opposed, yet both have been used as labels by anti-vaxxers.

Posted - August 23, 2021

Responses

Tyranny. This post was edited by my2cents at August 25, 2021 8:08 PM MDT
      August 23, 2021 9:12 PM MDT

Tyanny Tyranny
      August 24, 2021 11:47 AM MDT

Neither. Emergency situations call for emergency measures. Hazard your own health if you will, but risking the health of others you come into contact with is not your right (and should be a crime, with a mandatory finding of "guilty of manslaughter" if somebody you infect, dies).
    Viruses don't care about your "freedom", get it? You want to dance with the Devil? Go right ahead, but if you then cut in on somebody who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons, you have actually committed a felony assault.
      August 24, 2021 3:25 AM MDT

That might apply to a vaccine that actually works. 

But these shots do not prevent a person from getting the disease nor do they prevent a person from spreading the virus.   In fact, because the person with the shot will not have symptoms they are more likely to spread the virus (they will nor know) than someone who did not have the shot. (No shot will have symptoms and stay home) 

So do we charge all of those with a shot with felony assault in AU? (I do not believe it would apply in US at all) 
      August 24, 2021 4:38 AM MDT

So wear a mask, until "herd immunity" is achieved (cuts in at around 80% fully vaccinated). The vaccine stops you from developing symptoms (and actually dying).
      August 24, 2021 4:41 PM MDT

72% of adults are vaxxed and over 10% of pop has had covid.  We are over herd immunity. 

Again plain masks do not stop anyone from getting the disease. The N95 does IF the person is trained and wears it properly. 

August 24, 2021 6:03 PM MDT

Maybe antis don't know what they mean.
      August 24, 2021 11:26 AM MDT

That's my point.
      August 24, 2021 11:47 AM MDT

I thought so. We think alike...keep it simple.
      August 24, 2021 11:48 AM MDT

I'm guessing you mean government mandates.
    Unfortunately, certain people get those mixed up with corporate mandates.

If you talk corporate mandates ... that is personal freedom.

If a person or company says "I have a rule that anyone on my property must wear a mask" ... that is their Right as a property owner.

If a business says "Anyone working here must be vaccinated" ... that is their Right as a business owner.
    And if a person doesn't want to be vaccinated - it is that person's Right not to work for this business.
      August 24, 2021 1:17 PM MDT

Anti-vaxxers could just say that they think it’s authoritarian, but it’s not fascism and it’s not communism.  Calling everything fascism or communism really doesn’t help.  It just makes people tune out everything they say.  Lefties just seem to think that everything they don’t like is fascism and righties just seem to think that everything they don’t like is communism.
      August 24, 2021 3:07 PM MDT