Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What the he** is going on in Afghanistan? August 31 isn't here yet. A bomb went off in Kabul. Terrorists threats are increasing. WHY?

What the he** is going on in Afghanistan? August 31 isn't here yet. A bomb went off in Kabul. Terrorists threats are increasing. WHY?

We are getting out as agreed when agreed.

Today is only August 26. Don't they know how to read a dam* CALENDAR? Are they all illiterate ignoramuses?

Posted - August 26, 2021

Responses

Pretty sure that deal was set up by Trump. A week or so ago Trump was saying that the Taliban were good fighters and good negotiators so I think that is going to come back and bite him. Cheers!
      August 26, 2021 9:37 AM MDT

It seems that ISIS is now in charge and the Taliban are just quietly submitting. I don't know for sure because so far the gubment is silent about it. Transparency and full disclose so far ain't happening. Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :)
      August 26, 2021 1:21 PM MDT

Of course transparency ain't happening. Do you really expect it to under Bunghole Biden? 
      August 26, 2021 5:25 PM MDT

Trump has not been President for 7 months....this is Biden's baby. He was in charge. He was over the it all.
      August 26, 2021 4:53 PM MDT

The Taliban is determined to stick to the agreed deadline and it is not in its interests to hinder foreigners from leaving.

The bombs were those of ISIS, but I don't know their point other than trying to make the situation as unstable and desperate as possible.

I can't see the Taliban submitting to ISIS. For a start, the Taliban are Afghans and apart from their ruthless power-lust, they want Afghanistan to be for Afghans.

ISIS and most of its members are yet more foreigners, though it may well have Afghan followers. I wonder if some of them fought with the Taliban to drive out what they see as invaders but would now turn against them.

The worst that might happen is a three-way civil-war with the country, already poor and suffering from a severe drought, ripped apart by fighting between the Taliban, ISIS and Afghans trying to resist both. If that happens we might seen some very strange alliances forming and breaking both within the country and with other countries.
      August 26, 2021 4:16 PM MDT

Because that's what the Taliban does. Why are you surprised?
      August 26, 2021 5:41 PM MDT