Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » In your opinion, are the following statements and questions disrespectful to a president or administration official?

In your opinion, are the following statements and questions disrespectful to a president or administration official?

[Imagine that a journalist makes these statements or asks these questions during a press conference or one-on-one interview, and after a non-answer or word-salad or a changing of the subject has taken place.

“Would you like me to repeat my question so that you may answer it instead of changing the subject?”

“Do you recognize that what you’ve just said has absolutely nothing to do with what I asked you?”

“Excuse me, but you’re not answering the question as it was asked.”

“You’re avoiding the issue, that is not what I asked you.”

“I understand that you want to speak about that topic, however, my question was on a completely different topic.”

Posted - August 26, 2021

Responses

No. Not at all.
      August 27, 2021 12:15 AM MDT

At least he's not savaging reporters who toss him softball, easy questions just because he's in a temper. Biden is old, and losing his grip somewhat - but career politicians always obfuscate, it goes with the territory.
      August 27, 2021 3:42 AM MDT

No, they aren't.  We have the right to a president who responds to press questions about current events.  I think Biden is so overwhelmed with what's happening in Afghanistan, that he is unable to respond directly.  If he responded directly, he would confirm his embarrassment at not being able to control the situation.
      August 27, 2021 5:06 AM MDT

No.  They should promise him ice cream if he truthfully answers all of their questions.
      August 27, 2021 4:13 PM MDT