Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Recreation » How many times did you go swimming this summer? I only went twice and now it’s winter, almost.

How many times did you go swimming this summer? I only went twice and now it’s winter, almost.

Posted - September 2, 2021

Responses

None. Lakes and streams are not safe anymore, I'm not close to the ocean and don't have a pool.  Fall is now upon us and snow is coming...ugg.  If I ever get out of here I'll work hard to never go to any place cold again...ever.  
      September 2, 2021 10:14 AM MDT

I like Having four seasons where I live and I love winter but it does seem to be coming faster than normal this year. Hope you can get out of there and get somewhere warm if that’s what you want. :)
      September 2, 2021 10:46 AM MDT

None. I can't climb the ladder to get out of the pool, plus I hate being in the sun.
      September 2, 2021 1:25 PM MDT

Vampire. 
      September 3, 2021 7:17 AM MDT

None.  There is one house between my house and the pool.  I can hardly imagine getting into water with other people anymore.  I don't even go into the pool area.  I don't like to be in the sun and it's just too hot.  There is no shade over there during the daytime.  I haven't been to the beach this summer, but usually do go over there a few times each year, but I go in the winter.  Down here was two two temperatures, hot and hotter.
      September 2, 2021 4:20 PM MDT

I believe you’re in Florida? I used to go to Sarasota often when i was with someone who  had a condo there. We’d always go in December and all the locals would be wearing long pants and jackets thinking it was cold and we’d be swimming in the pool at the condo. We always had the pool to ourselves lol. Your winters are like our summers.
      September 3, 2021 7:20 AM MDT

We've just come out of winter.
      September 3, 2021 3:14 AM MDT

so your swimming season is about to begin. 
      September 3, 2021 7:22 AM MDT

About six or seven times I think. Well, in the water. I am not a good swimmer so it's just short distances in water always well within my depth. That's on a beach a moderately short walk from home.

This was all within the last two weeks, in a spell of lovely September sunshine before the Autumn weather started to come in with chilly winds.
      October 4, 2021 3:59 PM MDT