Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Shopping » Are there any businesses in your area that you prefer they would stay open until later in the evening than closing at 5pm or 6 pm?

Are there any businesses in your area that you prefer they would stay open until later in the evening than closing at 5pm or 6 pm?

Posted - September 3, 2021

Responses

No.  I like to see businesses close by six.  That means employees get to be with their families in the evenings.  I liked it when stores didn't even open on Sunday.  People who observed the Sabbath on Sunday could always go to worship service.  Where I grew up alcohol could not be sold on Sunday either so that was the day that we sometimes got to go out to eat at our favorite place.  The place sold beer but not on Sunday.  My mother never took me into a store or restaurant where alcohol was served. 
      September 3, 2021 11:23 PM MDT

No, not a one, in fact, quite the opposite. The later they stay open, the higher the probability of crime, and therefore, crime victims. I feel compassion and fear for people who work late at night with few or no other people around them; criminally-minded types prey on them. How often do we hear of robberies and injuries and rapes and kidnappings and killings of lone store clerks or pizza delivery people or gas station employees? Of course, I’m not saying that closed businesses can’t be or are not crime scenes, I’m more concerned with human victims. 

Many businesses run long hours or 24 hours just for one reason: the competition for the almighty dollar.

~

September 3, 2021 11:36 PM MDT

Small shops, no big chain stores. 9pm isn't too late.
      September 4, 2021 12:20 AM MDT