Active Now

DannyPetti
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » What was the last thing that you really disliked but politely ate anyway?

What was the last thing that you really disliked but politely ate anyway?

Unfortunately it was my daughter's spaghetti. I need to give her my recipe.

Posted - September 5, 2021

Responses

I had a friend who moved here from China who liked to cook up some genuine Chinese dishes including some kind of seaweed that tasted like rotten fish. I could manage to eat it slowly.
      September 5, 2021 9:50 PM MDT

I don't eat anything I don't like.  It isn't impolite in my opinion. 
      September 5, 2021 11:28 PM MDT

I attended the birthday party for my wife’s aunt, a woman in her eighties. I have an aversion to eating foods that are supposed to be hot yet are served cold. The party was in the community room of the senior center near her house, so many of the food items had been sitting on the serving table for quite a while by the time the guest arrived, so all of the previously hot foods were cold. There was no way to reheat any of it.

I never take large portions of any food just in case I don’t like it (I despise wasting food). Everyone was raving about how wonderful the food was, and they noticed I had only a few fresh carrots and some bread and a deviled egg on my plate. The grandmas kept insisting that I pile more on, especially the noodle casserole someone had made. I kept resisting, the woman who made it got offended, so I laughed it off and said, “Sure, I’ll have some, of course I will!”

I scooped barely a spoonful onto my plate, which satisfied her, and when I tasted it, it was just as bad as I thought it would be.
    ~

September 6, 2021 7:01 AM MDT

• My grand aunt lost her sense of smell.  She cooked rice that was burnt.  I ate very little of the burnt rice.  
      September 6, 2021 10:32 AM MDT