Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » What have you done to diminish the buzz?

What have you done to diminish the buzz?

~

Posted - September 9, 2021

Responses

One less shot.
      September 9, 2021 8:53 AM MDT

Killed 7 wasps.
      September 9, 2021 12:46 PM MDT

Actually it's crickets that I hear all the time.  However, that Buzz visiting Jeopardy must go immediately!!!
      September 9, 2021 3:08 PM MDT

I agree. He is a dufus.
      September 9, 2021 3:11 PM MDT

I have not watched even one episode of the reruns that have been broadcast over the past couple of weeks.

___

September 9, 2021 8:23 PM MDT

I watched it last night with him doing a tournament.  I didn't watch tonight so don't know if tournament over.  When is the sciency girl going to take over?  That Richards guy got booted for stuff he said years ago.  That is so lame.  People who jump up and scream about stuff like that probably have done worse.  I'm sick of it.
      September 9, 2021 11:03 PM MDT

I certainly wish that Ken Jennings had wanted to continue as host of the show (sigh). As far as the Richards guy who got booted, I never warmed up to him anyway because in my opinion, he had no name-recognition nor previous presence. Sure, he was a producer, I guess, but that meant absolutely nothing to me. The fact that they filmed about a week’s worth of episodes before his “scandal” broke makes me wonder whatever happened to those episodes and to the contestants who appeared in them. As far as I know, those episodes have not been aired due to the controversy about Richards, and I don’t know if they can ever air, which would be unfair to the contestants.

It’s crazy that Richards’ past acts had not been discovered before he was granted such a vaulted position as permanent replacement for Alex Trebek, and it’s even crazier that conveniently, it all unraveled the way it did and its timing. In the beginning of the scandal, Richards was merely taken off of consideration for permanent host, but was eventually fired from his job altogether about a week or so after all of this took place. 

Lastly, as far as people being taken to task for their acts years or decades after the fact under the cancel culture witch hunts, I’m still waiting to see how many Black comedians and Black rappers will fall under the chopping block for use of the n-word and for disparaging other ethnicities. Utter hypocrisy.

:|

September 10, 2021 6:17 AM MDT

Your last paragraph is interesting. I have never given that a thought.
      September 10, 2021 6:49 AM MDT

It’s just like the silence of the Black Lives Matter crowd when black-on-black murders occur. It’s as if BLM espouses the don’t-be-a-snitch and the snitches-get-stitches mentality rather than Black Lives Matter mentality. Hey, wait a second . . .

September 10, 2021 7:23 AM MDT

75% of our shootings and murders here were black-on-black.
      September 10, 2021 9:32 AM MDT

Ken Jennings had the same problem as Richards.....said something years ago.  Buzz seems to be the favorite at the moment.....I just read that this morning.   Ugh
      September 10, 2021 8:57 AM MDT

Jennings said something in humor about Alex, who was not offended, but it offended half the viewers.
      September 10, 2021 9:33 AM MDT

Was it said after Alex’s passing?
    ~

September 10, 2021 3:29 PM MDT

It was years ago.
      September 10, 2021 4:22 PM MDT

Double ugh. 

:|

September 10, 2021 3:28 PM MDT