Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Procrastination. After more than 2 1/2 years of talking about it, we finally “cut the cable” today. One step closer to getting off the grid!

Procrastination. After more than 2 1/2 years of talking about it, we finally “cut the cable” today. One step closer to getting off the grid!

We cut the cable at about 10:30 this morning (it’s just after 10 pm now), in addition to television service, our cable provider company also handled our landline telephone service and our internet connection. We had the television and telephone disconnected and stayed with the internet connection. It took them about 60 seconds to make the television and telephone go away.

What’s a story about procrastination and/or overcoming it that has occurred recently with you?
~

Posted - September 11, 2021

Responses

It sounds like the resurrection that takes place with Neo in the movie "The Matrix"; contributor Randy D has clearly 'returned' - stronger than ever before; and now nothing can stand in his way!
      September 12, 2021 5:37 AM MDT

I’m unfamiliar with the concept; I’ve never seen any of ”The Matrix” movies.
    ~
      September 12, 2021 10:17 PM MDT

New tyres for the car - it was almost down to the canvas, and handling very oddly. Four new boots and a wheel alignment later, and she's as good as new.
      September 12, 2021 7:38 AM MDT

September 12, 2021 7:42 AM MDT

Do you plan to get off the electrical grid?  I'm curious about this.  I haven't had cable for seven years, but I don't really watch a lot of TV.
      September 12, 2021 8:50 PM MDT

Naw, but then again, I don’t have an extremely extensive presence on the grid anyway. Heck, to confirm it, just conduct an internet search for Randolph D Randall the Grammar Policeman and Sandwich King Extraordinaire and Harem Master who runs a tight ship at the holding facility located in his third and fourth sub-basements while fighting off frivolous restraining order filings. Go ahead, I dare you to. I’ll wait here patiently until you’re finished, but I already know you won’t find a thing.
    ~

September 12, 2021 10:17 PM MDT