Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » What were the circumstances of you taking your first alcoholic drink?

What were the circumstances of you taking your first alcoholic drink?

[~]

Posted - September 18, 2021

Responses

We were visiting a family friend's place, I was about 10 years old, everyone was sitting around the table having a premeal drink then the host brought myself and my older brother a small glass of beer, about 2 ounces. I liked the taste. This post was edited by Kittigate at September 23, 2021 9:24 PM MDT
      September 18, 2021 9:35 PM MDT

Apart from stealing the dregs of my father's beer bottles from a very young age, it was a party. I was fourteen, and the host's father was a home brewer. I actually didn't get hammered, but I was feeling very little pain.
      September 19, 2021 3:58 AM MDT

My parents let me try a mixed drink they made.  It was very good. 
      September 19, 2021 9:09 AM MDT

My best friend and I were at her married sister's house hanging out like we so often did. We were probably around 12.   They had a few friends over for dinner and after dinner started making drinks called Tom Collins.  They said my friend and I could have one if we liked.  So we did.  It was lovely.  I had more.  The next thing I remember was waking face down on gravel.  My friend's sister was saying I had to get up and shower or we would be late for Church.  Getting to church was always a condition of me spending the night away from home on Saturday.  When I got to the bath and looked in the mirror my hair was standing straight out from my head.  I felt like crap.  I went to Church.  I don't drink.
      September 19, 2021 1:37 PM MDT

My parents let me taste wine from an early age, maybe 7 or 8.
      September 19, 2021 1:40 PM MDT

Wedding champagne fountain; age 12. 
      September 19, 2021 7:55 PM MDT

• I was in college and had been invited to my first party of freshman year. I had some wine. I did not get drunk, only felt the slightest tipsiness.
      September 23, 2021 9:47 AM MDT

• I unwittingly drank alcohol for the first time when I was 10 years old.  I was at a party and drank a bit of what looked like grape juice.  I didn't like the taste, and I later learned that what I drank was wine.  
      September 23, 2021 9:52 AM MDT

• My parents grow grapes, apples and cherries.  They also produce wine.  Wine was part of my family dinners since I was 11 years old.  
      September 23, 2021 9:24 PM MDT