Active Now

my2cents
Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » In a single incident or occasion, what is the most positive thing that has ever happened as a result of you drinking alcoholic beverages?

In a single incident or occasion, what is the most positive thing that has ever happened as a result of you drinking alcoholic beverages?

Inspired by some of the answers I have received so far to this question I recently posted on a closely related topic: 
https://answermug.com/forums/topic/134024/what-were-the-circumstances-of-you-taking-your-first-alcoholic-d/view/post_id/926756
~

Posted - September 19, 2021

Responses

I can't think of anything positive that I would give credit to drinking alcohol, other than realizing that it's not a path I wish to take.  

I might have said it contributed to making friends by lowering inhibitions, but I don't think that's true of real, genuine friends. No buffer/filter/enabler needed for that. 
      September 19, 2021 2:17 PM MDT

I've had (1) one, glass of memorable wine in my life as far as taste.  It was an experience I will never forget...and it was a free glass.  I had one more glass of a different wine many years later that was smooth, excellent a good but different experience. Everything else in my long life was not good. 
      September 19, 2021 3:07 PM MDT

Getting buzzed is enjoyable in itself.
      September 20, 2021 12:08 AM MDT

Some fun times. 
      September 20, 2021 6:59 AM MDT

• I got drunk on my 30th birthday.  I learned that my body cannot tolerate alcohol.  I have not drunk any alcohol since my 30th birthday.  
      September 20, 2021 7:51 AM MDT

One time  I saved up my aluminum 12 oz empty beer cans until I had enough to melt them down and make a couple of 32 gallon kegs so I could have them filled at a brewery and I wouldn't always be running out of beer at home.
      September 20, 2021 9:14 AM MDT