Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » When watching a movie, do you often forget to pay attention to the movie you have on? If so, what year did your attention span die?

When watching a movie, do you often forget to pay attention to the movie you have on? If so, what year did your attention span die?

Posted - September 30, 2021

Responses

Put your phone down and watch the movie! 
      October 1, 2021 10:07 AM MDT

((((Who in their right mind would have the sheer audacity and tenacity to be calling me during Movie Night? Oh, wait . . . it’s that one, again. Haven’t I told her the alimony is suspended until she learns how to act right? Grrrrrrr.))))

*Tap “Block Caller.”

((((Finally, some peace and quiet!))))

~

October 1, 2021 11:46 AM MDT

i started taking Adderall in 5th grade so you can see my attention span has been dead for a long time. 
      October 1, 2021 11:53 AM MDT

Okay, you win. I had my attention span until November 14th 2019 or somewhere around there. 
      October 1, 2021 8:45 PM MDT

It depends on a variety of factors, but yes. I've noticed it's worsened significantly since I got a "smart" phone around 10 years ago. I've also realized that I've always had some neuro-atypical 'spectrum' type sensory and processing variances that aren't necessarily that uncommon. Classifying people by their disorders isn't all that useful. Accepting people for who they are and helping them navigate is. Wait... what was this question about?

LOL! 
      October 1, 2021 10:03 PM MDT

Lol :) exactly! 
      October 1, 2021 10:04 PM MDT