Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » I have never used any of these modern-day food delivery services, and it’s been at least a decade since I had pizza delivered.

I have never used any of these modern-day food delivery services, and it’s been at least a decade since I had pizza delivered.

In the past 24 months, have your experiences of having food delivered to your home changed a lot?

[~]

Posted - October 7, 2021

Responses

I didn't use food delivery services in the past and don't use them now.  We have had Chinese delivered when I'm at my sister's house.  
      October 7, 2021 5:27 PM MDT

I have never had food delivered.  My motto is - If I'm not willing to get up off my butt to go get it, then I don't need it.
      October 7, 2021 5:50 PM MDT

Sometimes one deserves to pamper themself with having someone else cook and deliver the food.

October 8, 2021 7:28 AM MDT

My wife has pizza delivered...but we have a pact...if she orders it delivered, she pays for it. None other than that.
      October 7, 2021 8:02 PM MDT

Your marital finances are separate, even for pizzas?
    ~

October 7, 2021 8:04 PM MDT

Yes. Her money his hers...mine is mine. But if she needs a thou or two, I am good for it. It's the small stuff we bicker about...in fun, of course.
      October 7, 2021 8:09 PM MDT

Well, that is odd. 
      October 10, 2021 7:02 AM MDT

How? I am cheap and don't like delivery. The pizza place she likes is a mile away and I would rather pick it up. She insists on delivery, so she has to pay for it.
      October 10, 2021 9:42 AM MDT

Usually I go get it. I have used UberEats when the car was in for service.
      October 7, 2021 11:11 PM MDT

I've never used those services either.  I ordered a pizza last in 2015 or 2016.  I like to eat what I prepare myself in my own clean kitchen.
      October 8, 2021 3:22 AM MDT

We still have had pizza delivered regularly.  But with contactless delivery. (I love the contactless....they just sit it on my porch swing, ring the bell and leave) 
    I have used grubhub while traveling for room service. But no changes in the last years.
      October 8, 2021 4:15 AM MDT

I'm sorry ... but I get a hoot out of "contactless".
    They still handled the food and packaging, so what does it matter if they don't hand it to you?

My favorite are drive-thru windows, where they have you place the money or credit card in a tray.
    So it picks up any germs from the other people who used the tray.  Because they aren't sanitizing the tray between payments.
    How is that any better than handing the card directly to the cashier?!?

It's all just more ridiculous "soundbite" measures.
      October 8, 2021 7:23 AM MDT

Exactly it is all theatre. 

I love the contactless not because of germs but just because it is no contact with the driver. (I do still tip through the app I use to order)  I am one of those weird people who prefer to call and 1800 and press 1 and just heard a recording to help me. And I love self-check out at the stores. This post was edited by my2cents at October 10, 2021 9:43 AM MDT
      October 8, 2021 9:10 AM MDT

Yeah ... I generally prefer to not deal with people.
    Especially if I've had a day at work dealing with idiots and their questions.

Nor do I understand people who get all upset about having self-checkout available.
    If they want to wait in line and deal with a minimum-wage worker with tempermental attitude - fine.
    Just don't complain that many of us prefer the option to check out ourselves, because we have better things to spend our time doing.
      October 8, 2021 10:00 AM MDT

I like self checkout too. 
      October 8, 2021 2:55 PM MDT

It's fantastic for the millions of people for whom extended eye contact is truly impossible unless heavily medicated or otherwise chemically altered. I know many people think it's rude or disrespectful, and in some cases it is. But for others it's why they prefer a group than one-on-one because it's not seen as rude to look around at several people and not have to maintain direct eye contact for more than a few seconds with one person. 

I was thinking about that eye contact question and your response. I didn't want to seem argumentative, I do understand why people think it's rude, but I think many people simply aren't aware that there are other reasons. If you're interested: 
    Avoiding eye contact in body language (10 Reasons) - PsychMechanics

October 8, 2021 7:46 PM MDT

Hmmmm, interesting. You prefer doing it in groups as opposed to one-on-one. I’ll make a note of that and check my rosters for some willing participants who can join us. (Wink.)

~

October 8, 2021 10:25 PM MDT

Nice try. I was talking about TALKING, and wasn't even talking about myself. 
      October 9, 2021 7:31 AM MDT

Oh. 

Well, I’ll be in the motel room with the others anyway just in case you change your mind. 

~

October 9, 2021 7:41 AM MDT

You are a run around cad, Randy D.  You already asked me to come to your room but already married Jane 17 times.  

This post was edited by Honey Dew at October 9, 2021 7:08 PM MDT
      October 9, 2021 9:34 AM MDT

Jane S refuses to have anything to do with me (she’s just playing hard to get), you have her confused with Jaimie in Canada. It’s true that Jaimie and I married each other 17 times, but don’t forget that I also divorced her 17 times! Your invitation to join in the fun still stands!

~

This post was edited by Randy D at October 10, 2021 10:50 AM MDT
      October 9, 2021 10:35 AM MDT

Oh yes, Jamie in Canada.  I suppose she speaks french to you?  
      October 9, 2021 11:19 AM MDT

I'm not getting involved in this nonsense. 

Well, not without a LOT of !
      October 9, 2021 7:07 PM MDT

What makes you think you’re not already involved? I have you scheduled three times a week on my Harem Rotation Roster! That’s a privilege that few have merited; the others are lucky to get once every couple of weeks!

~

October 9, 2021 8:26 PM MDT