Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » OSHA is not requiring employers to record worker side effects from COVID shot. It is ok to HIDE side effects to encourage people to take it?

OSHA is not requiring employers to record worker side effects from COVID shot. It is ok to HIDE side effects to encourage people to take it?

DOL and OSHA, as well as other federal agencies, are working diligently to encourage COVID-19 vaccinations. OSHA does not wish to have any appearance of discouraging workers from receiving COVID-19 vaccination, and also does not wish to disincentivize employers' vaccination efforts. As a result, OSHA will not enforce 29 CFR 1904's recording requirements to require any employers to record worker side effects from COVID-19 vaccination at least through May 2022. We will reevaluate the agency’s position at that time to determine the best course of action moving forward.

https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/faqs

Posted - October 19, 2021

Responses

It isn't an employer's responsibility to collect data on side effects from the Covid vaccine.  If you have/had employees, would you want to do that?
      October 19, 2021 1:22 PM MDT

Actually, yes it is.  Otherwise, OSHA would not informing the employers they will not be enforcing that regulation.

OSHA will not enforce 29 CFR 1904's recording requirements to require any employers to record worker side effects from COVID-19 vaccination.

I do not want to do anything they tell me do....they do not ask.  They tell you what you will do as the employer.  (I do have employees)
      October 19, 2021 2:02 PM MDT

If it is required for the job ... it is covered by OSHA's reporting requirements.
    (I went and read the OSHA rule for 29 CFR 1904 and 1907, after seeing my2cents' post.)
      October 19, 2021 2:25 PM MDT

"If it is required for the job."  Those are the operative words.  If your employer doesn't require you to be vaccinated to come to work, there is no requirement to provide that information.  
      October 20, 2021 8:55 AM MDT

I don't know how it's going in other states ... but all government workers in WA/OR must be vaccinated, or lose their jobs.
    Those states have also mandated it as a requirement to work in any healthcare field.
    More and more large employers are also requiring it.
      October 20, 2021 9:03 AM MDT

It's a crazy quilt of mandates here in NY.  Some places require vaccinations, other places say if you don't want to be vaccinated, you have to be Covid tested every week.  Frankly, in my opinion, it should be mandated in any field where you deal with the public.
      October 20, 2021 9:50 AM MDT

The hospital I work at, 11 people (out of around 700) were fired because they refused to either be vaccinated OR fill out the medical/religious exemption form.  I think we had another 5-7 quit before the deadline.

They said on the radio this morning, that 1,600 WA State Troopers quit over the state mandate.

What I don't understand are the people who won't take the vaccine because they think it is unsafe ... but will take horse drugs or gargle with douche cleanser.  
      October 20, 2021 10:01 AM MDT

I will not take horse medicine or gargle with anything other than mouthwash. 
    And I will not be a guinea pig for anything new.  As I said before I had a close family member die after being talked into taking the shots.  She has already beaten the disease and had natural immunity.  But they convinced her anyway. 

Ivermectin is a HUMAN medicine. It has been used on humans for decades. It has a known antiviral properties.  It is on the WHO's list of Essential Safe Medicines. 
      October 20, 2021 10:37 AM MDT

I think most people really just don't like being told that they have to do something.  There is sufficient evidence at this point to know that the vaccines will prevent you from getting very sick, being hospitalized or dead.  With rare exceptions, most every religious leader has told their flocks that getting the vaccine is something they should do.  The Pope has gotten vaccinated.  Those who refuse to get vaccinated or submit to weekly testing and quit or lose their jobs because of it should not be allowed to collect any unemployment insurance.  Let them go find jobs where vaccination is not required.  They wouldn't even be able to work at Walmart. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at October 20, 2021 10:47 AM MDT
      October 20, 2021 10:46 AM MDT

Typical government coverup. No, it's not ok to hide side effects to encourage people to take the vaccine. People need to know the good, the bad, and the ugly of a situation if it involves them directly.
      October 19, 2021 6:39 PM MDT

Couple this with CDC not even counting fully vaxxed covid cases (unless the person is hospitalized or dies).   
    Just crazy.  We need to stand together and refuse the shot and refuse the mandates. This post was edited by my2cents at October 20, 2021 4:45 PM MDT
      October 19, 2021 8:42 PM MDT

Go ahead, stand together, refuse the shots, refuse the mandates.  

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7037e1.htm?s_cid=mm7037e1_w
      October 20, 2021 9:02 AM MDT

The the death rate is still under 1% for under 65 yrs old.  This post was edited by my2cents at October 20, 2021 10:14 PM MDT
      October 20, 2021 10:30 AM MDT

"Nor required" is not even close to the same thing as "required not to". If a person suffers from a side effect, they WILL complain about it, that's human nature.
    And vaxxed COVID cases are absolutely being counted IF the person contracting it is even aware of it.
    Despite the virulent nature of the Delta variant, most vaxxed cases are so mild that the person doesn't even know they're sick. That's what the vaccine is for.
    Never mind the fudged figures being fed by FOX to a gullible public, the vaccine is as effective in the face of this virus as seat belts are in a car wreck. Not guaranteed, but you're a hell of a lot safer with than without. If Princess Diana had been wearing one, she'd still be alive today. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at October 20, 2021 8:52 AM MDT
      October 20, 2021 1:39 AM MDT

Play word games if you want.  OSHA specifically says they are not going to enforce the reporting because they do not want to discourage people from getting the shot.   They are deliberately hiding side effects from people.
    This is not about science this about control. 

CDC is only counting breakthrough cases IF the person is hospitalized or dies.  That is according to the CDC itself. 

I have no idea what figures FOX maybe putting out. I have not watched them since Nov 2020. 

I look at real numbers from studies and from offical gov sites etc. (You have never seen be link to a FOX news article) 

This link above is from OSHA itself. 

Young people are not safer from the vax than the disease. 
    This post was edited by my2cents at October 20, 2021 5:47 PM MDT
      October 20, 2021 4:14 AM MDT