Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Where are there unlikely places that you would ever see a 'NO SMOKING' sign?

Where are there unlikely places that you would ever see a 'NO SMOKING' sign?

Eg. At an intersection instead of a STOP sign.
Operating room in a hospital.

Posted - October 22, 2021

Responses

The operating room in a hospital is one of the first places that come to mind when thinking of where a no smoking sign would be.

•The smoke-filled rooms attested ti in political circles where deals are being made
    •A poker table
    •The testing room for product outcome at a tobacco company
    •Many venues in Asian countries, far too numerous to name (it is my firsthand experience that unfortunately, in many Asian cultures, smoking and drinking alcohol are synonymous with rites of passage, adulthood, manhood, virility, everyday behavior, etc.)
    •A makeshift encampment of homeless people
    •Various movie scenes and on the sets where the production is taking place
    •Prisons or jails where the practice is still allowed

One caveat for all of my answer entries is that for a lot of people who like to or who want to smoke, signs prohibiting it are simply ignored. Look at the example of outdoor signs stating, “No Smoking Allowed Within 25 Feet Of Any Entranceway”. I have often seen people obliviously puffing away right under the signs and well inside of the 25-foot range. One local Wal-Mart has its employees’ designated smoking area sign right next to the sign in question, complete with benches and those cement ashtray things.

~

October 23, 2021 7:51 AM MDT

Good work!
      October 23, 2021 9:32 AM MDT

Kittigate, thank you for the Asker’s Pick.

~

October 24, 2021 6:16 AM MDT

You are welcome!
      October 24, 2021 9:58 AM MDT

Hookah bar

October 23, 2021 8:24 AM MDT

Yes, definitely!
      October 23, 2021 9:32 AM MDT

Tobacco shop.
      October 23, 2021 9:54 AM MDT

Head office of Marlboro.
      October 24, 2021 1:31 AM MDT