Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Is it fair for an apt manager to expect people to take all their stuff out of their apt, move it to another one and then move back 2 wks lat

Is it fair for an apt manager to expect people to take all their stuff out of their apt, move it to another one and then move back 2 wks lat

the place where i live wants to renovate, i dont think its fair to expect us to move all our stuff out  and then move it all back in 2 wks later, some of us have health issues , actually most of us do, and we dont want to be bothered with it, im thinking of moving out and that way i only have to do the move once instead of twice,is it fair for apt buildings to do that?theres nothing wrong with mine that needs fixing, anyways to stop that other than moving out?

Posted - October 24, 2021

Responses

If it were me, I would definitely try to move into a completely different place.  I don’t have any health issues and I still wouldn’t want to move all of my stuff into a different apartment for just two weeks and then move it all back into the original apartment two weeks later!  That absolutely sucks!
      October 24, 2021 6:59 PM MDT

I was thinking you should check out your lease to see if they can do that. Cheers!
      October 24, 2021 7:02 PM MDT

How is it that you only appear here when you have a problem with your neighbors or your landlord or some other issue with your living conditions?  
      October 24, 2021 8:39 PM MDT

i dont really need to hear that, i have a right to ask what i want
      October 25, 2021 9:14 AM MDT

Yes, you do.  Try to understand that the regulations where you live may be very different from where any of us live.  Regulations differ from state/city/county throughout the U.S.  When you ask a question like that, how is anyone here supposed to give you the proper advice - especially when you consider that none of us (I don't think) are lawyers?  Same applies to medical advice that you ask about - none of us are doctors.
      October 25, 2021 9:20 AM MDT

Yes
      October 24, 2021 10:01 PM MDT

As Nanoose said ... check your lease.
    Better yet, get a lawyer to check it.

I know some apartment owners renovate an empty apartment, then shuffle tenants around one at a time ... moving them to apartments that have been renovated, when it is time to renovate the one the tenant is in.

Example:
    Renovate empty Apartment1
    Move tenant from Apartment2 to Apartment1
    Renovate Apartment2
    Move tenant from Apartment3 to Apartment2
    etc, etc, etc ... until all the Apartments are renovated.
      October 25, 2021 8:13 AM MDT