Active Now

Spunky
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Sports » Avid sports fans, is your abject hatred of an opposing team ever the main reason you want them to lose a game?

Avid sports fans, is your abject hatred of an opposing team ever the main reason you want them to lose a game?

[As just one example, I have long despised the Dallas Cowboys football team, so much so that I revel in seeing them lose. This has practically been a lifetime attitude I have held, it started maybe before I was ten years old. There are other NFL teams that I also dislike, some that I even hate, but none as much as the Cowboys. Some teams have even varied in my opinion from being deeply hated to barely tolerated, but Dallas has always been at the top of my list of least favorite NFL teams. Especially delicious for me is not merely when they lose one game, but when they have a terrible season, a losing season. This question is directed to AVID sports fans. For those of you who self-identity as not being a sports fan at all, it’s not necessary to inform us of that, thank you. I know that will inspire some people to response anyway, right is anyone’s right, I just reiterate that it isn’t necessary.

~]

Posted - November 7, 2021

Responses

I was the same way with Dallas. I think it happened when Staubach retired. (Go Navy) Now? Well, I don't hate Brady, but... This post was edited by Element 99 at November 7, 2021 8:50 PM MST
      November 7, 2021 4:02 PM MST

All the time. There are two teams I support in the AFL - the Crows, and whoever is playing against the Power.
      November 7, 2021 4:16 PM MST

Today was your day, Randy!

I don’t hate a team enough to want them to lose for that reason, but the reason I would want a team to lose is that their loss increases my team’s standing.
      November 7, 2021 9:44 PM MST