Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Have you ever proposed a toast? To whom or to what would you like to propose a toast to?

Have you ever proposed a toast? To whom or to what would you like to propose a toast to?

Posted - November 9, 2021

Responses

A toast to my so creative BFF.  He is in so much trouble with me right now, Grrrrrrrrr.  One of these days....hahahahaha
      November 9, 2021 8:30 PM MST

Now that you mention it, I don’t believe I’ve ever done that in real life.

~

November 9, 2021 9:43 PM MST

I propose toast as part of a well-balanced breakfast.
      November 10, 2021 10:16 AM MST

Lol!

~

November 10, 2021 12:21 PM MST

I propose you answer the following:

November 10, 2021 1:00 PM MST

Depends on how hard the butter is.  lol
      November 10, 2021 1:38 PM MST

No. 8
      November 10, 2021 3:24 PM MST

November 10, 2021 3:47 PM MST

Stu, your chart is skewed and out of order because instead of showing an evenly gradual change in the slices of bread, choice #3 is toasted more than choice #4. You’re not trying to pull a fast one again, are you? Grrrrrrrr. 

On behalf of the entire AnswerMug membership community, I’ll take you your retraction statement now, please. 

~

This post was edited by Randy D at November 10, 2021 6:05 PM MST
      November 10, 2021 5:37 PM MST

Specimens #3, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 are properly toasted, and their wide variety as my choices is due to the different reasons one toasts bread, or the different ways toasted bread might be used in a meal or dish.  Disclaimer: I have discovered and pointed out to Stu that his chart is skewed and out of order because instead of showing an evenly gradual change in the slices of bread, choice #3 is toasted more than choice #4. I just hope he’s not trying to pull a fast one on us again. Grrrrrrrr. 

Signed, Anonymous Connoisseur of  Sandwiches 
    [~]

November 10, 2021 5:47 PM MST

You realize, don't you, that I neither toasted all that nor designed the chart? Grrrrrrr.
      November 10, 2021 6:07 PM MST

You posted it, correct? Culpability has been attached, get yourself a good defense attorney, you’re going to need one.

(((((Pssst, over here, pal, over here in dis here alley, dat’s right, back here in da shadows. Don’t look at me, don’t even look in my direction, anyone can see that you’re talking to someone! Just pull that newspaper you’ve got curled under your arm and make as if you’re reading it intently while in fact you’re just listening ta me. Dey call ya Stu, right? Who am I? Don’t worry about who I am, just consider me “a friend”, the kind of friend who gives free advice. Now listen up and listen good. Guys like me are in da same racket you’re in, and we know all about places like that AnswerMug joint ya hang out in sometimes. Take it easy, take it easy, pal! If I were a cop, you’d be in bracelets already and takin’ a ride downtown to a sweatbox called da interrogation room. Now you’re wastin’ valuable time that we don‘t have much of in da foist place. Don’t look over here, I already said it once. Now back ta brass tacks. In dis here racket, usin’ any kind of graphic, be it a meme, gif, photo, what have ya, if it’s dirty, yer dirty, ‘coz it all gets traced back ta you. Der ain’t none o’ dis fingering’ some other hump for what you put out on da streets. Dose flatfoots may be stupid, but dey ain’t nobody’s dummies. Dey make their bread an’ butter on pittin’ of us wiseguys against da other, next thing ya know, dey got two pigeons goin’ up da river for a long stretch. Mebbe ya got a sheet already, an’ mebbe ya don’t, da cops’ll pin one on ya ya git ya started, an’ once yer in da system, it’s hard ta git out. Dey git ya in that sweatbox an’ ya only got two choices; rat out da bum who dumped it on ya, or take da rap yaself. Da former plants a price on yer head an’ a target on yer back. The latter can git ya time in the pokey unless ya got a good mouthpiece, but you still have the respect of dose who run in dis racket. Besides, it’s much better for yer health. Quit askin’ who I am, we already been over dat. OK, one last ting Dis here Randy D character, he’s one o’ ours. He’s a good egg, too, an’ ya don’t wanna cross him. No, he’s not local, he comes from out West somewhere, da coast, I tink. He ran inta some trouble wit’ a dame he was searchin’ for in Mississippi or Missouri or one o’ dose other M states. Yeah, Minnesota, ya musta hoid about it. He’s waiting’ for da heat ta die down again before goin’ back ta Minneapolis. So what you gonna do now is, you’re going to make a nice-nice with him so that you won’t have any problems. How am I supposed to know? Git ‘im a packet o’ dose Cuban tildes dat he likes so much or mebbe a grammar tome, somethin’ like that, or if you really want to get in good with him, a platter of sandwiches from a good deli over across town llike. Don’t get cute and slip any avocados, guacamole or mayo in ‘em, and whatever ya do, stay away from dat Aussie crap, da Vegemite, ya know what it does to him. So just ta recap, use good memes an’ other graphics, or if ya just gotta use a bad one, own it. Ok, dat’s enough, dat’s enough for now. Somebody might see me here an’ I can’t afford any “entanglements”, if ya know what I mean. Hey, I got a reputation to uphold, dat’s all. So you just turn right and walk off, I’ll wait a few minutes, turn left and walk off, and nobody’ll be da wiser. Remember, ya don’t know me, ya never saw me, and I never said a woid to ya.))))
    ~

November 10, 2021 9:28 PM MST

I'd like to propose a toast to all the good fathers out there! If you're a good father, this is for you. If you're a bad father, SCREW YOU!!! This post was edited by Zack at November 10, 2021 11:48 PM MST
      November 10, 2021 6:42 PM MST

My mother's memory, on January 2nd every year (we toast her in Jameson's Irish Whiskey and smash the glasses). I give the traditional prayer:
    "May the road rise to meet you
    And the wind be always at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face
    The rain fall softly on your fields
    And until we meet again
    May God hold us all in the palm of His hand ...
    And may we all be in Heaven half an hour before the Devil knows we're dead."
      November 13, 2021 2:39 AM MST