Active Now

Spunky
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Have you ever heard of podcaster privilege?

Have you ever heard of podcaster privilege?

Steve Bannon is now claiming that he can't be charged with criminal contempt because he has Podcaster privilege. He figures that since he interviewed Trump while Trump was in office he has Podcaster privilege so he doesn't have to answer questions or hand over documents to the House investigation panel. Cheers!

Posted - November 18, 2021

Responses

He under a number of misconceptions.  Another one is that he needs to take a shower more often, that he needs a shave and a haircut.
      November 18, 2021 1:12 PM MST

Yeah when he turned himself in the other day he looked pretty grubby. You would think he would of neatened himself up to make a good impressing but he didn't and I think that shows the contempt he has for congress. Cheers!
      November 18, 2021 3:49 PM MST

Actually, considering his appearance, it would appear that he has more contempt for himself.
      November 18, 2021 7:28 PM MST

Well maybe we shouldn't be so harsh on him because maybe he can't help the way he looks because he has a mental illness. People who develop a mental illness usally stop caring about their hygiene. Just kidding he is a dirty pig that belongs in prison. Cheers!
      November 18, 2021 7:47 PM MST

He looks like a drunken sot.
      November 18, 2021 8:30 PM MST

Not in the context that they are immune to questioning or prosecution.

I have heard that many podcasters (aka "Influencers") expect special treatment.
    Things like free or drastically reduced prices on items doing with their "area of influence".
    EG: A podcast food critic expects restaurants to give them free meals or better service.
    There was a nice little episode of South Park addressing this.  The solution was hilarious, to me.

Anyways ... I suppose Mr Bannon could attempt to claim some journalistic right under the First Amendment.
    However, as his source is already revealed (Trump), I can't think of any precedent he could claim to be following.
    And even journalists may be held in contempt for failing to provide documents to a court order. This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at November 18, 2021 7:17 PM MST
      November 18, 2021 1:30 PM MST

I saw that South Park episode it was pretty funny. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at November 18, 2021 7:17 PM MST
      November 18, 2021 3:51 PM MST

What episode? I haven't seen that many episodes overall. I enjoy it sometimes, but have never binge-watched and didn't like it at all until 10 or so years ago. For many years, it was just something my kids weren't allowed to watch, but snuck and did anyway... 
      November 18, 2021 7:20 PM MST

The Yelper Special, I believe.
      November 19, 2021 6:50 AM MST

Thanks!
      November 20, 2021 7:49 AM MST

Nope, I'd never heard of it, but it sounds par for the course of American society. 

I'm not really into podcasts. 
      November 18, 2021 7:25 PM MST