Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Spunky
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Where you live, are your cops overweight?

Where you live, are your cops overweight?

This is our recently retired Chief.

Posted - December 17, 2021

Responses

I've only seen one fat cop here and he was chasing after some guy. Looked kind of funny doing a rapid kind of a waddle.
      December 17, 2021 4:05 PM MST

No fat cops in Canada...but chins that look like nut sacks.

This post was edited by Element 99 at December 18, 2021 9:04 AM MST
      December 17, 2021 7:10 PM MST

I rarely see our police officers outside of their patrol cars, but I'm pretty sure some of them are less than slim.  Sometimes I see photos of officers who have such big paunches that I wonder how they would ever have the stamina to run after a criminal if necessary.
      December 17, 2021 5:28 PM MST

No. 
      December 17, 2021 6:00 PM MST

Some of the older ones are. 
      December 17, 2021 9:36 PM MST

No nowadays they are all in pretty good shape and it might be thanks to me. Years ago I got a photo of 2 really fat local cops sitting in front of a big plate of donuts. I made a bunch of copies and added one of my poems at the bottom of each one.  The poem was - Johnny he plays hardball. Tommy likes to run. Do you think these guys would hop a fence or just shoot him with their gun. Then I gave a photo to all my friends and hung a few off them up around town. I like to think the chief saw one - got ashamed and put all his men on a exercise program. Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at December 18, 2021 9:05 AM MST
      December 17, 2021 9:57 PM MST

I don't recall seeing any fatty cops.  
      December 17, 2021 10:01 PM MST

I have only seen a couple of the local cops well enough to see their weight. They were not fat.
      December 18, 2021 5:50 AM MST

I wouldn’t know either way because I have not seen a whole lot of San Diego police officers, and I certainly have not seen all San Diego police officers. I imagine that there might be at least some of them who are overweight, but I have no first-hand knowledge of it. Just like any other demographic or cross-section of a group of people or sub-group of people, there are wide variations in their physiques, and I truly doubt one adjective can accurately describe them all.

What prompted the question?
      ~

December 18, 2021 6:07 AM MST

It seems that every time there is a crime that is important enough to be on the news, many times the camera shows our quite overweight cops. It is quite embarrassing. You and I both know about fitness standards and our police force doesn't seem to have any. My wife and I discuss that every time we see it. I was curious to see if that was the case in other areas of the country/world.
      December 18, 2021 9:10 AM MST

I think there is a physical test they must pass when they first join the force.  But I do not think they are required to pass it again after hiring. 

I know prison guards are that way. 
      December 18, 2021 12:59 PM MST

in my city, most of the cops i see are tall, young and shaped men. 

also lot of women are cops too 

December 18, 2021 3:30 PM MST