Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Music » What are some songs that aren't about Christmas/holidays at all but are now considered Christmas/holiday songs?

What are some songs that aren't about Christmas/holidays at all but are now considered Christmas/holiday songs?

inspired by another posted question  https://answermug.com/forums/topic/135167/what-are-some-songs-about-christmas-that-aren-t-normall

My answer :

"Sleigh Ride"                 Leroy Anderson

From what I've read, composer Leroy Anderson never intended this orchestral piece to be a holiday Christmas tune. He intended it as simply a "sleigh ride."

His original composition did not contain words at all - - a purely instrumental piece. The words were added a lot later.

I much prefer the piece in its original form, with no words.  :)

And it has become my Number One favorite Christmas holiday tune.  :)

Posted - December 17, 2021

Responses

December 18, 2021 5:02 AM MST

Yeah you're right.

I had no idea this song was originally from a movie? Cool! I like this version better than anything I've heard!  :)

I have no idea who these two are but they're incredibly attractive and stylish to me at the moment. Love it.

WAIT! At the 2:33 mark it goes to a different couple? I'm watching as I type. I like this other couple, too.

I really enjoyed watching and listening!

December 19, 2021 8:10 PM MST

I did not watch to that point. The new couple switched lines. The lady is trying to get the man to stay.
    Lol
      December 20, 2021 7:18 AM MST

Jingle Bells. It's about winter. It hit 40C / 105F yesterday.
      December 19, 2021 7:05 AM MST

Yeah, I hadn't thought about Jingle Bells. :)
      December 19, 2021 8:04 PM MST