Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » The streets of heaven are paved with gold. That’s good to know, but does traffic move on the left side or the right side of the street?

The streets of heaven are paved with gold. That’s good to know, but does traffic move on the left side or the right side of the street?

There’s extra credit if you can tell me if the street signs follow the Vienna Convention on Road Signs and Signals or not.

Disclaimer: If I really believed there were such a place as heaven, I probably wouldn’t be asking this question.  The inspiration for this question was a book about heaven that was given to me.  Spoiler alert: Heaven is the most depressing place ever, but the other choice is just as bad.  You just can’t win.

Posted - December 19, 2021

Responses

It depends on the factory that produces the cars and other vehicles which side of the vehicle they decide to put the steering, brakes, etc will determine which side to drive on.

I think people in heaven spend a lot of time singing hymns and worshipping God to help avoid depression.
      December 19, 2021 6:04 PM MST

I was just asking a friend the other day ... "Why do people believe the streets of Heaven are paved with gold?  That's a terrible paving material.  Even for foot traffic.  And why do they have paved streets if everybody has wings?  Aren't they flying everywhere?  Who would want decorative wings?"

If it's really Heaven ... there would be no traffic.  So it wouldn't matter which side of the road you were on.
      December 20, 2021 7:40 AM MST

They have streets in heaven because they have Hummers in heaven.

December 20, 2021 12:00 PM MST

I can't help think of John Travolta's movie Michael ... and him having to get those wings in vehicles.
      December 20, 2021 3:22 PM MST