Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » About 1 in 3 Americans say violence against the government can be justified; what kind of violence do you think they mean?

About 1 in 3 Americans say violence against the government can be justified; what kind of violence do you think they mean?

Shooting/assassination, bombing, arson, kidnapping, etc...

Reasons people are talking about inciting violence:

Overreaching coronavirus restrictions
Disenfranchisement of minority voters
Oppression of Americans
Autocracy ... Tyranny ... Corruption

From The Washington Post

Posted - January 4, 2022

Responses

None, unless they come to me to cause violence. 

I would look at those who burnt the country last summer. Those who attacked and stole from people and businesses. Attacked goverment buildings......
      January 4, 2022 6:15 AM MST

I think they mean all types of violence as long as it has Trump's stamp of approval. Cheers!
      January 4, 2022 8:18 AM MST

"Violence for political purposes; Trump iincites violence? Trump is either unaware of this or he doesn't care".

From The New Yorker.

How could he not be aware? This post was edited by Kittigate at January 5, 2022 10:58 AM MST
      January 4, 2022 11:17 AM MST

I would look to those who ran into (being invited by some, of course) the Capitol building to defend the country's freedoms after being politely encouraged to do so by a man who for sure, only wished them to go in and discuss their disagreements. And that's all they did.
      January 4, 2022 5:58 PM MST