Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Have you ever bought or aquired anything that you want just for the sake of having but have no real purpose except to toy around with it?

Have you ever bought or aquired anything that you want just for the sake of having but have no real purpose except to toy around with it?

I would like to acquire all kinds of mountain climbing gear although I have never actually climbed a mountain and not likely ever will but I find that kind of equipment and  supplies kind of fascinating to toy around with.

Posted - January 12, 2022

Responses

I have a small collection of Leatherman type knives that, other than the Leatherman, I never use.
      January 12, 2022 12:43 PM MST

When we had not been married very long we often went to the beach and passed several places that sold mobile homes on our way.  We never considered living in one but I often would say "Let's go look at those mobile homes," and we would.  My husband would ask if I wanted to live in one and I would say something like gosh no....tornadoes eat them up.  He thought, and I agreed, that it was weird to look at them when we weren't interest in living in them.  And I never have lived in one.  In fact, I've only been in one that someone lived in.....that was an interview related to a family court case. 
      January 12, 2022 8:03 PM MST