Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Voting used to be ordinary. Nothing unusual. Certainly nothing you should fear or avoid. It is now. When and how do we get back to ordinary?

Voting used to be ordinary. Nothing unusual. Certainly nothing you should fear or avoid. It is now. When and how do we get back to ordinary?

Posted - November 4, 2016

Responses

Ordinary? What history is this?Tis now reminiscent of how things were. This post was edited by O-uknow at November 5, 2016 12:53 AM MDT
      November 4, 2016 5:34 AM MDT

Comrade Trump and his millions of worshippers have ceded our country to the thugs, criminals, betrayers, foreign countries. He has unleashed the underlying hatred of Americans who are now willing to shoot their fellow citizens if need be so that  Comrade Trump can rule. What other presidential candidate in history has done so much damage to the country in such a short time O?  Do you know?  Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 5, 2016 2:42 AM MDT
      November 5, 2016 2:41 AM MDT

Our ordinary days are over get used to it we have some rough years ahead for many reasons especially with open borders. WAIT.
      November 4, 2016 9:45 AM MDT

I disagree with thee emphatically Tom. Open borders have NOHING to do with it in my opinion. When people like COMRADE TRUMP are elevated to high office by millions of American citizens they are the problem.  American citizens betraying their country...our country...my country. For what? Dark times ahead. Comrade Trump will bring in more of the dark forces he has unleashed. Watch this space. Thank you for your reply. This post was edited by RosieG at November 5, 2016 2:38 AM MDT
      November 5, 2016 2:33 AM MDT

And when was that mythical time in US history?

I plan on voting next Tuesday just like I do every election day. I have no fear of going to the polling location. So I don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at November 5, 2016 12:53 AM MDT
      November 4, 2016 9:50 AM MDT

Like I say, the American flag will greet me at the polling place. 
      November 4, 2016 7:38 PM MDT

• We should return to dynastic monarchies.  
      November 4, 2016 8:30 PM MDT

The price of liberty is eternal vigilance. The Founding Fathers were well aware of the dangers of mobocracy and tried to construct a reasonable system of checks and balances but the battle always goes on.
    "Where there is no wisdom the people perish",Proverbs and the mast adage of a local newspaper
      November 5, 2016 12:26 AM MDT

With the American people (14 million of them I think I read somewhere) elevating a piece of trash like Comrade Trump to high office what can we do? They are betraying our country and are obliviously obtuse. They are the problem. Mob mentality is never intellectually superior to independent and critical thinking bookerdana. We are now under mob rule, thugs, bums. All armed.  Woe is us. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      November 5, 2016 2:37 AM MDT

It came in the mail.  I voted for Hillary.   I am sheepish but honest on this one point, which is I voted Democrat anywhere there was a choice because I don't know one from the other.  It was better, I figure to keep those turkeys out of as much as possible at present.  So, that was my uninformed little contribution.

It came in the mail.  I voted for Hill.   And it was so easy, it was hardly ordinary.  It was a breeze.  Five minutes and I put it in my mailbox and the lady picks it up.  Extraordinary, actually.

Thank you, Universe for that one little convenience.   Saves me a good hour.  
      November 5, 2016 12:51 AM MDT

But if you're 99 years old and in north Carolina,it is not "ordinary";nor is the prospect /threat of armed trump "poll watchers ordinary...and any Russian involvement in the internal elections of the US is a provacation that is pretty close to an act of war.
      November 5, 2016 1:51 AM MDT

not sure but sometimes i think people should vote thru the mail cause of all this
      November 5, 2016 7:24 PM MDT