Discussion » Questions » Transportation » When is last time you rode in a taxi?

When is last time you rode in a taxi?

23 years ago, I was struck by a car and taken to the hospital. When released, I had nobody to call to get a ride home, so I had the desk call a cab for me. I had no money, so I gave the driver my wallet and went to my apartment and got some. A really bad night.

Posted - January 24, 2022

Responses

When I was a resident of the crazy house about 20 years ago.
      January 24, 2022 10:10 AM MST

About 2 months ago in New York.
      January 24, 2022 10:12 AM MST

I can't even remember, it was so long ago.
      January 24, 2022 10:20 AM MST

I have never committed grand theft auto (outside of video games).
      January 24, 2022 10:55 AM MST

A month ago took a taxi loaded up with all our groceries from Metrotown mall in Burnaby home, cost $40.
    My gal friend got into an argument with the driver over some little thing and they argued the whole time during the trip, was kinda funny though, she has such a volatile type of personality.
      January 24, 2022 5:52 PM MST

A couple months ago. From a doctor's clinic to a hospital. I spilled a cup of boiling water on myself, taxi was cheaper than an ambulance.
      January 25, 2022 5:18 AM MST

It's a good thing it wasn't your coffee. It would have eaten you all the way to the bone.
      January 26, 2022 3:55 PM MST

12 yrs ago. My husband had our car and was out of town working. My daughter was at school with her car. And the elementary school nurse called and said My youngest son was ill and needed to go home. So I called a taxi and had it take me to the high school so I could get my daughter's car. Then pick my son. 
      January 25, 2022 6:31 AM MST

Similarly to Element's!

My accident was a nasty fall at home, ooh, back last March now. I was still in pain in my thigh next day so rang the NHS triage number. Upshot was an ambulance ride to hospital ten miles away for an X-ray, which confirmed I'd broken no bones so must have torn a muscle or tendon.

Hardly able to walk far, no easy way to return home, so the hospital paid a taxi for me. (If a walking patient, I could have gone home very easily, by two buses, from the hospital entrance to a stop a hundred yards from home.)

It took me about two or three months to mend myself. 
      February 21, 2022 3:20 PM MST