Active Now

Spunky
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Is Trump planning a second riot in his name?

Is Trump planning a second riot in his name?

After telling the crowd at his last rally that he would pardon the Jan. 6th rioters Trump started talking about the New York Attorney General's investigation into his past business dealings. Trump bellowed to his supporters on Saturday that "If these radical, vicious, racist prosecutors do anything wrong or illegal, I hope we are going to have in this country the biggest protest we have ever had." I think Trump is saying 2 things - stop the investigation and if you are charged I will pardon you. I added a link to more info and the part about his business dealings is half way down the page. Cheers!

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/30/opinions/trump-rally-dangerous-obeidallah/index.html

Posted - January 31, 2022

Responses

Interestingly (to me, at least) ... Washington DC is the only city where the President can pardon "local" crimes, because it is a federal district so all crimes are federal crimes.
      January 31, 2022 1:54 PM MST

Can't pardon anyone from prison, which is where he belongs. Unless his diet of junk food and indolent lifestyle cause a fatal thrombosis or infarction first.
      February 1, 2022 12:33 AM MST