Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Johns Hopkins says lockdowns did not stop the spread of Covid. Will Dem leaders follow the science?

Johns Hopkins says lockdowns did not stop the spread of Covid. Will Dem leaders follow the science?

https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/files/2022/01/A-Literature-Review-and-Meta-Analysis-of-the-Effects-of-Lockdowns-on-COVID-19-Mortality.pdf

Posted - February 6, 2022

Responses

This was not a medical study; it was a study in applied economics.  You are suggesting that two ECONOMIC professors and a POLITICAL SCIENCE special advisor know more about the effects of Covid-19 than scientists and doctors.  Do you visit a financial advisor when you don't feel well?
      February 6, 2022 12:53 PM MST

It was a study of the results. The person who evaluated the data (recorded results of lockdowns) was part of economic department of JHU.   The medical  data was recorded by the medical facilities. These people analyzed that data...yes I would trust them more for that part of the process. 
      February 6, 2022 1:50 PM MST

When you look for SCIENTIFIC/MEDICAL advice, you don't consult an economist.  Then again, perhaps you do.
      February 6, 2022 2:04 PM MST

This was not medical advice.  This was data analysis about a medical issue.   The result was lockdowns did not prove to be effective.  
      February 6, 2022 2:15 PM MST

Did the economists factor in whether someone was vaccinated into their report?  It may not have been medical advice, but when someone who is anti-vaxx (look in the mirror) reads this, they come to the conclusion that they don't need to be vaccinated.  Forget that 97% unvaccinated persons are  most likely to die.  What do the economists say about that?  

So, next time you don't feel well, I'll call ahead to Smith Barney to let them know you'll be stopping by.
      February 6, 2022 3:28 PM MST

When someone you know dies from something....you tend to be anti-whatever that something is.  In my case, that is the clot shot. It is not a vaccine.  Vaccine prevent spread and disease this shot does not.  It is experimental and causes more illness and death than it stops. 

There is no demographic which is 97% likely to die. Those under 65 have a 99+% of survival.  

I am not antivaxx.....you want it get it. I am anti mandate. If someone does not want it they should not be forced to get it. 
      February 7, 2022 6:41 AM MST

When someone dies from something, you first look into whether there was an underlying condition that was a contributory factor.  You don't just reject something out of hand.  
      February 7, 2022 1:10 PM MST

This was the clot shot.  Already survived covid.  Should never have gotten the shot, but I did not know at the time.  This was Feb 2021.

Average age of death from covid is above the average life expectancy.  People under 65 have 99+% chance of survival.   Too many people being harmed from a shot for a disease they have virtually 0 chance of dying from. 
      February 7, 2022 2:34 PM MST

Tell that to the virtual 900,000+ people who have died from Covid.
      February 7, 2022 3:57 PM MST

I have no problems telling that to anyone. It is a fact..
    Not near that many died FROM covid. Most died WITH covid. CDC admits that now.  

Perhaps is Governors would have protected their people in nursing homes, that number would be much lower.  Covid positive patients should never have been allowed in any nursing home.  
      February 8, 2022 6:01 AM MST

Proof of the pudding. We had a fraction of the per capita COVID deaths you did, UNTIL we opened up. That prof is on crack - then again, the deaths of elderly people don't affect balance sheets all that much. If I'm looking for relevant data, I see a virologist - NOT an economist. If you were having migraines, would you consult a proctologist?
      February 6, 2022 11:09 PM MST

Population density....you have same amount land virtually no people in comparison.    You also locked down with the miltary and as you just said....very few deaths. We also know your country used HCQ (we been through this) Average age for covid death for both USA and AU is higher than average life expectancy.  

Again, this was a data analysis.  Not data recording. 
      February 7, 2022 6:31 AM MST

We DID NOT USE that dangerous, carcinogenic drug. Did not. Tons of it was destroyed when clinical trials proved it to be ineffective in the treatment of COVID-19.
    Population density is also not really that big a deal, when you take into account that 96% of the population lives within a loud shout of the coast.
      February 7, 2022 3:07 PM MST

Population density has everything to do with it.  This is why NY and CA have so many cases/deaths.   CA has more people in their state than your entire country. NYC has 1/3 [of your entire population.  It has everything to do with disease spread.
    Why you are not willing to give your country credit for saving lives by using everything at their disposal....I will never understand. 

HCQ is not carcinogenic.  Both it and IVM are being used to fight cancers. This post was edited by my2cents at February 8, 2022 6:05 AM MST
      February 8, 2022 5:20 AM MST

Why were all of Jane s
     answers removed??? 
      February 7, 2022 4:45 PM MST

I believe she deleted them. 
      February 8, 2022 5:15 AM MST