Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you think Trump is starting to see that he is not above the law?

Do you think Trump is starting to see that he is not above the law?

Last month National Archives seized Trump's White House records from Mar-a-Lago  because he improperly removed them when he left office. I bet that infuriated  the  Mussolini of Mar-a-Lago  because Mar-a-Lago  is his turf. I also think he is starting to see that he fought the law and the law won. Cheers!

Posted - February 7, 2022

Responses

Wouldn't that be nice , hopefully he has to change his tighty whities every time he thinks about it. 
      February 7, 2022 11:34 AM MST

What would be really nice is when they charge him with shredding and destroying WH records they also charge him with brown pants smuggling. It has been said that Trump would often eat official WH records as a way of keeping them secret and out of the National Achieves. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at February 7, 2022 1:24 PM MST
      February 7, 2022 11:47 AM MST

Lmao!!!! :):):) Cheers
      February 7, 2022 11:56 AM MST

Yeah maybe Trump will try to hide when it is time to charge him so they will put up a wanted poster of him at the post office that says - Wanted For Brown Trouser Smuggling. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at February 7, 2022 4:33 PM MST
      February 7, 2022 12:04 PM MST

Hehehehe!! 
      February 7, 2022 4:34 PM MST

As concerned as I am to hear that he left the WH with documents that he shouldn't have taken, I am equally, if not more concerned about what he and/or his minions shredded.  We know what's in the papers they found - they have no idea what was shredded.
      February 7, 2022 1:26 PM MST

What gets me is they knew he was shredding WH documents years ago and they still let him do it for a couple more years. He even started having documents incinerated so there would be no trace. It would be a good bet that he will start firing up his supporters by claiming that they illegally broke into his home and stole his memories including birthday cards from his children. Cheers!
      February 7, 2022 2:02 PM MST

True.  Every day I wish I would wake up to the headline on the Daily News that reads:

"Trump Choked on Big Mac and Passed Away" This post was edited by SpunkySenior at February 7, 2022 4:17 PM MST
      February 7, 2022 3:58 PM MST

That would be the best day ever. :)
      February 7, 2022 4:35 PM MST

Maybe you will never get your wish because Trump will go on a vegetarian diet for the good of his health. But don't give up hope it is more likely that Trump will keep shovelling unhealthy food in his mouth until the day that he dies. Cheers!
      February 7, 2022 4:48 PM MST

No way Trump gives up his beef.
      February 7, 2022 8:34 PM MST

Apparently, Jimmy Kimmel discovered something very interesting about the consequences of what Trump did when he removed those documents and took them to Mar-A-Lago. 

"[It was] a violation of U.S. code, which not only makes it a crime to “conceal, remove, mutilate, obliterate, falsify, or destroy” official records, but also sets a very specific penalty: forfeit of office, and disqualification from holding any office."

Let's see if Congress has the cojones to keep Trump from trying to run for office again.
      February 8, 2022 8:38 AM MST

It always seemed that Trump figured that he is above the law and now we are going to see that he figures he is above the constitution. Extra sad part is there are people in congress that think he is too. Cheers!
      February 8, 2022 9:34 AM MST

Anyone who thinks Trump is honorable and deserves to be president doesn't deserve to live in a democratic republic.
      February 8, 2022 1:24 PM MST

I just read that one of the WH documents Trump  took was the  altered weather map he used to show Alabama was in the path of the hurricane. Pretty funny and strange. Cheers!
      February 8, 2022 7:01 PM MST

I was just thinking that maybe one of the documents Trump took to Mar-a-Lago  was a memo he received letting him know that all WH documents must be left for the National Archives. And the reason he took that document was for spite and to show he can do anything he wants. Cheers! 
      February 9, 2022 9:05 AM MST