Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » History » For anyone who has 'been around for a while' what is or are some of your favorite 'do you remember when?' stories?

For anyone who has 'been around for a while' what is or are some of your favorite 'do you remember when?' stories?

Posted - February 18, 2022

Responses

Do you remember when you walked to school? Really. The elementary and middle school I attended had no lunch room, so we walked home, ate lunch and returned. We got 1 1/2 hours. I don't recall anyone ever complaining. It's just what we did. We had only one obese student.
    In high school, we also walked until a few of us got cars our junior year. We would pile as many as we could into one car.
    I remember our doctor making house-calls. $5-10$ or whatever mom could afford.
    I remember 30 cents a gallon gasoline and ten cents for a loaf of bread, but I also remember incredibly low pay in the Navy. This post was edited by Element 99 at August 15, 2023 4:11 PM MDT
      February 18, 2022 10:18 AM MST

That's pretty good, thanks!
      February 18, 2022 10:21 AM MST

I remember downstairs in the street when my mom would throw down a quarter wrapped in a tissue, secured by a clothespin and asking me to get 5 lbs. of potatoes.

All my schools were within walking distance - no school buses for us.

In the nice weather, coming home from school, changing out of our "good" clothes and going right back out to play until dinner time or it got dark.

I remember all my friends lived either in my building or the one across the street and in the summer, we sat on whichever stoop was in the shade.
      February 18, 2022 2:38 PM MST

Very nice!
      February 18, 2022 6:48 PM MST

(Comma after the word “while”.)

February 19, 2022 12:22 AM MST