Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Sports » Without looking in your yearbook, do you remember the names of the quarterback and the head cheerleader on your high school football team?

Without looking in your yearbook, do you remember the names of the quarterback and the head cheerleader on your high school football team?

This question is USA-centric, I know.  It was inspired by this discussion: https://answermug.com/forums/topic/136506/is-being-an-quot-alpha-male-quot-just-a-silly-societal-concept/view/post_id/950062

Posted - February 25, 2022

Responses

I just got the invitation to my 10th high school reunion.  I’ll go, but I have no idea what people actually talk about at high school reunions.  That’s actually kind of weird because when I was in high school, I had no problem at all finding things to talk about with my friends while we were in class! This post was edited by Livvie at February 27, 2022 10:10 AM MST
      February 26, 2022 8:43 PM MST

I have my 40th college reunion in June. People generally talk about their lives and kids, if they have them. It's interesting to find out what becomes of people you knew back when. Naturally, people change a lot as they age and (hopefully) mature. I have stayed friends with a guy who lived on my dorm corridor 43 years ago, and I have reconnected and have business relationships with two people who were my classmates in business school from 1984-86. One of them, a lady I was not at all friendly with in school, developed a business relationship and friendship with my mom after I introduced them and actually attended her funeral in 2020. You'll find that life takes funny twists and turns as you get older.
      February 26, 2022 9:03 PM MST

In my experience, lots of reminiscing and laughter! Amongst some, gossip about those who don't attend (ugh). 

You should definitely go, if you can! 
      February 27, 2022 6:54 AM MST