Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Are you for or against permanent DST in the USA proposed for November of 2023? Why?

Are you for or against permanent DST in the USA proposed for November of 2023? Why?

Posted - March 15, 2022

Responses

I want to stop having to go through changing the clocks twice a year...........but I would prefer to be on Standard Time.  This has been a Rubio desire for a long time.  I know he gets pressure from those who make their living on tourists.  Of course, another hour of daylight at the end of the day is good for those small and large businesses.  But this bill makes DST permanent for the entire USA.  That'll be a real change for Arizona and a couple others who never jumped on the DST train to start with. 
      March 15, 2022 4:25 PM MDT

Pointless for anyone south of the Tropic of Cancer. It's why Australia doesn't have it in the northern states. Hawaiians will be getting up in the dark.
      March 15, 2022 5:11 PM MDT

I want to stay like it is in the summer all the time.   
      March 15, 2022 5:50 PM MDT

I’m for never having another time change starting now, so right now that means I support permanent DST.  If you’d have asked this while it was still standard time, then I would have been for permanent standard time.
      March 15, 2022 11:01 PM MDT

I am PRO DST all over the place.
      March 16, 2022 12:24 AM MDT

I really hate changing the clocks twice a year.  It screws up my internal clock for months afterwards!  However, I don't think everyone's thinking this time change through.  No matter what we do to our clocks, the amount of daylight and darkness the earth gets won't change.  We've gotten so used to bi-annual time changes that to stay one way permanently will irritate many and even anger some (more or less depending on their latitude).  I'm for keeping it one way, but I Know it will generate MANY grumblings - especially in winter. It will definitely take some getting used to.  
      March 16, 2022 9:33 AM MDT

It's not a big deal to me. There are more important issues.
      March 16, 2022 10:09 AM MDT

Although,  personally I  would like DST year round, I'm not sure it's good for everyone. In the 70's we tried it during an energy crisis and it was not well received, mostly because of children heading to school in the dark. 
      March 16, 2022 6:22 PM MDT

I'm for it.

That would keep us tied to UTC, adjusted for time zone.  (IE: Pacific time would be UTC - 7 zones)

It's also proven that people generally need 3 days to "reset" their sleep cycles, due to time zone changes.

March 17, 2022 10:10 AM MDT

I personally prefer more light at the end of the day, so I'm in favor. 
      March 19, 2022 9:40 AM MDT