Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Have you, or anyone close to you, had COVID-19?

Have you, or anyone close to you, had COVID-19?

Two months ago, my daughter got it from a client (she's a disability carer). She isolated, kept to her room, we all quarantined, nobody else got it.
Last week, my grandson picked up an infection at school - which was passed on to his sister, his father, his grandmother and lastly his grandfather (me).

It's miserable. Flu on steroids - I was a little lax about getting the booster. I'm recovering now but beer still tastes a little "off", Thursday I didn't get out of bed. Wednesday I pushed myself too hard looking after everyone else, then they had to reciprocate when I hit my nadir the following day.

Posted - March 27, 2022

Responses

Hope you feel better soon.
    My best to you!

(I've known many who have had it. I've not had it myself.)
      March 27, 2022 7:54 PM MDT

I never had it.  I know three people who have had it.  One of my friends is recovering from it.  One of our friends of the family died from it in 2020.  He was 83.  We couldn’t even go to his funeral.  Also, I never met him, but the pastor of my mom’s last church died from it.

My friend who’s recovering from it had both of her shots plus the booster.  Our friend of the family who died caught COVID before the vaccines came out and he was in the high-risk group because of his age.  The pastor of my mom’s last church was pretty vocal about being being anti-COVID vaccine, and he preached about it on Sunday mornings.  He was in the hospital for six weeks with it before he passed away.
      March 27, 2022 8:55 PM MDT

That'll teach him!
      March 27, 2022 9:34 PM MDT

He seemed pretty committed to his cause from what my mom told me.  I don’t know if he had a change of heart or not, but that was a pretty gruesome way to learn a lesson.  My mom left his church about two weeks before he landed in the hospital with COVID.  Most of his congregation had a quick change of heart about the vaccine when that happened.

This post was edited by Livvie at March 31, 2022 6:37 PM MDT
      March 28, 2022 2:58 PM MDT

An aunt and her daughter. However, we're not close.
      March 27, 2022 9:20 PM MDT

My brother, who's 65 and fully vaccinated, had it briefly a couple of months ago, but he only experienced minor cold symptoms.
      March 27, 2022 9:36 PM MDT

My step-daughter and her baby. Also her BF.
      March 28, 2022 8:10 AM MDT

My son and many of his family have had it.  They live in another state. According to him everyone experienced a quick recovery. 

A place I used to volunteer, everyone got it.  Many people at a church I used to go to came down with Covid, there were at least two deaths.  I have escaped it so far. 
    This post was edited by Honey Dew at March 29, 2022 1:11 AM MDT
      March 28, 2022 9:49 AM MDT

Yes.

My Mom, Dad, Step-Mom, Daughter, Son-in-law, Sister and Brother-in-law their Son, Brother, Sister-in-law and their kids,  Niece and her kids. Nephew and his wife, and Uncle (died from it).

One of these people died from the shot.  2nd dose.

My husband and I had something that sounded like the symptoms.  But no test. So  who knows for sure.  

Hope you feel better. This post was edited by my2cents at March 31, 2022 6:38 PM MDT
      March 28, 2022 1:11 PM MDT

Sorry for your loss.

We all had the shots, except the grandchildren who are too young. I've had it the worst of the fam this time around, but not to the point where I need hospital. It's just like a bad case of the flu.
      March 29, 2022 1:14 AM MDT

• Neither I nor anyone in my family have had it. My family members who always wore their masks and had all of their shots never had it. It's the same as my family members who never wore their masks and refused the shots. None of them ever had it. I have one cousin in the United States who is a nurse. She never caught COVID-19 even though she worked with COVID-19 patients. I wonder why that is.

The father of one of my friends had it. Eight people who live in the same building as me had COVID-19. Two of them were in the hospital. On of them was in the hospital for one month. He must now have an oxygen tank with him.
      March 31, 2022 6:04 PM MDT