Active Now

Thebigd
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Family » For those of you who have or have ever had two or more siblings, which one of them looked up to you the most?

For those of you who have or have ever had two or more siblings, which one of them looked up to you the most?

I’ve just found out from my younger brother that from a very young age (three or four years old) and continuing until young adulthood, he looked up to me, even to the point of doing certain things (both good and bad) and making certain decisions (both good and bad) because he followed my example. We have an elder sister and an elder brother, but he didn’t have that same connection with them that he had with me. Even though I’ve always known that he and I were extremely close to each other, and that we did almost everything together, these new revelations floor me.
  He is thirteen months my junior, our other brother is thirteen months my senior. Due to the two of them having chosen similar live paths, shared life experiences, and after absences for military service, they both returned to live in our birth city after that, I have been away in foreign countries and in other US states, they have had a closer connection to each other in adulthood than they did as youngsters.
~

Posted - April 14, 2022

Responses

My little sister. Bros 1 and 2 resented her for being female, ergo not a playmate. Bro 3 isn't much older than she, bros 4 and 5 are younger. I looked out for her, so I was her hero.
    My daughter is so much like my sister that she's practically her clone. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at April 15, 2022 7:44 AM MDT
      April 14, 2022 9:48 PM MDT

April 14, 2022 9:50 PM MDT

You've got to be kidding.  I assure you, none of my siblings ever "looked up to me". 
      April 14, 2022 11:24 PM MDT