Discussion » Questions » Music » Think of some of your least favorite songs by some of your most favored artists or groups: why do you dislike them?

Think of some of your least favorite songs by some of your most favored artists or groups: why do you dislike them?

“Get Out of My Dreams, Get Into My Car” 1988 by Billy Ocean.
[Sounds like something a pedophile would say]

~

Posted - July 6, 2022

Responses

I really like The Dream Academy. 

And I like their cover of John Lennon's "Love" but it bugs me that I don't understand the seemingly-added lyrics Nick Laird-Clowes (lead singer) is singing starting at 2:19 nor Kate St. John's singing in response to his words. The words are repeated quite a bit for rest of song.

I know I'm wrong but the words resemble to me: "I bought a Cadillac. Mercy for sale."

Though the song lyrics are printed on the CD and are "out there" in virtual land, these lyrics are not included.

(I believe I even posted an Answermug question at some point asking for help to figure out the words but I think I got no responses, ha.)

July 6, 2022 4:17 PM MDT

The entirely of the Big Wheel album by Icehouse. The band was tired and sounded it. Experimenting with a style of music that didn't really suit them, and it was apparent that it was for the amusement of the performers rather than for the edification of the punters.
      July 6, 2022 7:56 PM MDT